Yeti ASR-C 2012 - something a little bit modern

Carge

Retrobike Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I picked this up last year - as I had a hankering for a something full sus.

There's a few changes I've made - but it came pretty well specced. Sram XX1 running gear - Hope brakes - Easton bars and seatpost.
I swapped the brakes for a more modern Hope setup and the added bonus of them being black rather than blue.
Bontrager XXX carbon bars and stem have been fitted - along with a Fox Transfer dropper post.
There were two sets of wheels with it. Hope-hubbed Crests - that now have Rocket Rons on them - instead of slickish Contis - and I swapped the original Stans logos for one in Yeti turquoise. The other wheels are a set of carbon SRAM Rise60 - nice but I haven't got them sorted yet as they're a sod to setup tubeless.....

Grips changed to ODI thingies and Fizik hard as hell saddle swapped to a Flite Flow that is sweet as.

It's fun - I like it a lot.

IMG_3569.JPG

Last edited:
Cheers Albash, now I've almost got it dialled to my liking - I'm beginning to really enjoy it.
I might flip the stem and get the bars a bit lower.....

So..... cranks.
I've ridden 175mm for ever on my mountain bikes - and 172.5mm on my rod bikes.
The Yeti came with 170mm Sram XX1 cranks - and my knees just don't want to like them.
The good news is that the 2012 X0 175mm cranks in 3x10 flavour that I have - are identical, apart from decals, to the 2013 XX1 :)

So off with the cranks - three T25 bolts on each crank - and hey presto - ready to refit.

Test ride this arvo - much better - I think they'll be a permanent fixture.
Anyone want some 170mm XX1 cranks :)

There's been a few minor changes:-
The stem has been flipped
The dropper post changed - the first one I got was a little too tall - and there was a deal on sorter travel Kashima's - bling!
Chainring swapped to a stealthy black one, which suits the build a bit more. The silver one lives on the Orange R8.

IMG_4977.jpeg IMG_4978.jpeg

Last edited:
Spec list looks a bit like this

Frame: Yeti ASR-C 2012

Fork: Fox Float 32 Kashima

Headset: King
Stem: Bontrager XXX
Handlebar: Bontrager XXX
Grips: ODI Lock-on (in a familiar shade of turquoise)

Brakes: Hope X2
Brake Pads: Hope
Brake Levers: Hope

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: n/a
Rear Derailleur: SRAM XX1
Cassette: SRAM
Chain: KMC 11SL
Cranks: SRAM XX1
Chainrings: SRAM Eagle

Bottom Bracket: SRAM Ceramic
Pedals: Crank Bros Eggbeaters

Hub Skewers: Hope
Rims: Stans ZTR Crest 24h
Front Hub: Hope Pro3 XC
Rear Hub: Hope Pro3 XC
Nipples: Black Alu
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Schwalbe Nobby Nic
Tubes: Ha - as if!

Saddle: Flite Flow
Seatpost: Fox Transfer dropper (Kashima)

Back