Yeti AS-R SL Up-date 30th June - TODAY! (with pics)

Bit of an Update 1/11/10

It's now got a Middleburn Duo chain-set of it's own; it didn't like sharing with the KK :roll:

Also got some Thomson kit: A stem and seat-post ;)

A few (more!) pics :? .....

AS-RThomson001.jpg

AS-RThomson004.jpg

AS-RThomson003.jpg

AS-RThomson012.jpg

AS-RThomson008.jpg

AS-RThomson007.jpg

AS-RThomson006.jpg

AS-RThomson005.jpg

AS-RThomson010.jpg

AS-RThomson009.jpg

I managed to get my 2007 Yeti 575 down to 26.5 lb.

Here are some lightweight products I discovered:

26x2.3 Conti Speed King Supersonics. 430g actual

Answer Pro Taper 660 XC Carbon Flat Bar 130g actual (680mm width)

Easton EA90 90mm stem 130g actual.

The Notubes rims will go tubeless really well with the Supersonics. I made my own rim strip from Maxxis Superlight 20" tubes - they weigh 30g each.

I'll post the build when I've finished, just need a decent saddle, my SLR snapped!

Deveron53":ono6c9c6 said:
I managed to get my 2007 Yeti 575 down to 26.5 lb.
Here are some lightweight products I discovered:
26x2.3 Conti Speed King Supersonics. 430g actual
Answer Pro Taper 660 XC Carbon Flat Bar 130g actual (680mm width)
Easton EA90 90mm stem 130g actual.
The Notubes rims will go tubeless really well with the Supersonics. I made my own rim strip from Maxxis Superlight 20" tubes - they weigh 30g each.
I'll post the build when I've finished, just need a decent saddle, my SLR snapped!

Thanks for those :)

Abominable Up-date ;)

Seemed only right to take the Yeti out ;) So, fitted a set of Panaracer Spikes and went out for a pootle :)

HelensDo064.jpg

Beautiful frame!!
I like your experimenting with components.
Now with all the black components maybethat white fork stands out too much for me. even despite the logo. Dont know, maybe in the real its different..

White Flite!

CAPIN":1fx5mz5m said:
Beautiful frame!!
I like your experimenting with components.
Now with all the black components maybethat white fork stands out too much for me. even despite the logo. Dont know, maybe in the real its different..

Thought I'd try a white Flite to balance things up ;) also fitted Bontager Mud X - tubeless :) .....

ASRWhiteFlite1.jpg

ASRWhiteFlite3.jpg

ASRWhiteFlite5.jpg

Latest Update :)

It now has Sram X0 rear mech and twist-shifters. Avid Ultimate Black Ops brakes have been added, the Thomson stem has been swapped for a Syntace one and I thought I'd give a Yeti saddle a go :)

AS-RBlack-Ops005.jpg

AS-RBlack-Ops007.jpg

AS-RBlack-Ops008.jpg

AS-RBlack-Ops003.jpg

Also, the wheels are an Extralite set, weighing in at 1200g but I plan to replace these with a set of Mavic SLR with tubeless tyres :)

Cheers
wad

EarlofBarnet":2lkfnul2 said:
Cracking build this, enjoyed reading the thread going through its changes. You do some great light-weight builds.

Cheers mate :)

You don't fancy an XTC Composite frame do you? ;) :)

Back