Yeti AS-R SL Up-date 30th June - TODAY! (with pics)

scant":1a4w476x said:
wadsy":1a4w476x said:
Played a bit with the pressures today and set a bit more sag. I'll have to see how it goes.

sell the rear shock. they're far from reliable & more modern shocks like the fox rp23 are worlds better.
I had that era ASR. the back end is slightly flexy in the rough & in fast corners, aside from that its a nice frame.

I am looking into shocks, but I'll see how this one goes ;)

The Cane Creek Cloud 9 looks good and as you say, maybe a RP23 etc.

Cheers

cchris2lou":nw1e8nn8 said:
Very nice frame , i was looking for one not long ago but could not find any in my price range .

if you sell bits from the first build , could be interested in the wheels depending on the specs .

I will be selling the wheels and all the other stuff! ;)

They are X317 rims and Hope hubs, nice and smooth too :)

Kneedowndean":2d8g543m said:
Lovely bike, good work with the weight as well. I guess you must of saved a bunch with the V brakes. What are the weight of those wheels?

Mine frame is the same, I love it. Do you reckon the carbon rear end would fit?

Yes, the brakes make a big difference :)

The wheels are about 1300g

I'm pretty sure the carbon rear end will fit :D

I saw yours last year and really liked it (SF!) In fact I was tempted to contact you about selling it :shock: :oops: :LOL:

Cheers

wadsy":ihm56yw8 said:
scant":ihm56yw8 said:
wadsy":ihm56yw8 said:
Played a bit with the pressures today and set a bit more sag. I'll have to see how it goes.

sell the rear shock. they're far from reliable & more modern shocks like the fox rp23 are worlds better.
I had that era ASR. the back end is slightly flexy in the rough & in fast corners, aside from that its a nice frame.

I believe they're no longer made & TF is rapidly running out of spares.

scant":x8xsxlj8 said:
wadsy":x8xsxlj8 said:
scant":x8xsxlj8 said:
wadsy":x8xsxlj8 said:

I believe they're no longer made & TF is rapidly running out of spares.

What, the 5th element?

Neil G":1wlzlpl9 said:
Lovely bike, always a fan of Yetis old or modern

IMO fork is wrong though...the Foxes look much better and TBH I'd even be inclined to run 120mm with bolt through on something full sus.

I have one of these in large size and wouldn't recommend 120mm forks. I have 100mm on mine and find my weight just slightly too biased towards the rear, although I run my forks in platform mode most of the time so don't get much sag.

I reckon 80mm will give it a pretty good racy feel - it is an XC race bike with slightly relaxed 100mm geometry after all.

Did a bit of work on it over the weekend:

Managed to get the RP23 rear shock fitted instead of the 5th Element after receiving the fitting kit and new bushes for the front mount.

AS-RRidepics022.jpg

Swapped the SIDs for my Rebas World Cups.
Swapped the Ritchey WCS Stem for a Syntace one and the Monkeylite bars for RaceFace carbon ones; they're a bit wider and slightly less back sweep.

AS-RRidepics015.jpg

AS-RRidepics021.jpg

Swapped the USE Alien 'post for a Syncros Ti one as it's in-line rather than lay-back ;)
The RaceFace chainset was swapped for a Middleburn RS8 Duo which the Yeti will share with my King Kahuna :)

AS-RRidepics020.jpg

The Dura-Ace mech was swapped for an M952. Oh, and fitted a Sram 9spd 'attack' gripshift as the right hand shifter instead of the x-ray 8spd. Oh yeah, also M953 9spd cassette ;)

AS-RRidepics018.jpg

Took it out for a little 'pootle' today and seems to be working quite nicely. Rear shock will probably need a service though :roll:

AS-RRidepics009.jpg

AS-RRidepics011.jpg

AS-RRidepics013.jpg

Cleaned, post-ride....

AS-RRidepics025.jpg

I do wish (some) dog owners would be more responsible with their mutts produce :roll: :evil:

Spec now...

Frame: ..........2003 Yeti ASR-SL with Fox Float RP23

Fork: ............Reba World Cup

Headset: .......King
Stem: ...........Syntace F99 with Ti bolts
Handlebar: ....RaceFace Next XC Carbon Riser
Grips: ...........OGK
Barends: NA

Brakes: ..........Extralite
Brake Pads: ....Extralite
Brake Cables: .XTR
Brake Levers: .Extralite

Shifters: .............Gripshift: X-Ray (front) Attack (rear)
Front Derailleur:.. XT
Rear Derailleur: ..XTR M952
Cables: ..............Shimano
Cassette: ...........M953 12-34
Chain: ...............KMC 9SL
Cranks: .............Middleburn RS8 Duo
Crank Bolts: ......FSA self-extracting
Chainrings: ........Middleburn 29, 42
Chainring bolts: ..Stainless
Bottom Bracket: .American Classic isis
Pedals: ..............Egg Beater 4Ti

Hub Skewers: ....KCNC
Rims: ...............Stans 355
Hubs: ...............Tune
Nipples: ............Alloy
Spokes: ............Sapim blade
Tyres: ..............Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25
Tubes: ..............Bontrager SL

Saddle: .............Selle Italia SLR
Seatpost: ..........Syncros Titanium 27.0
Seatpost Binder:.Yeti

Weight: Approx sub 22lb now.

Possible future developments :)

I've got a white flite saddle on the way which I'll see how it looks, probably fit my Bontrager Mud X tyres when things get muddier and go tubless. Other than that, who knows :? :LOL:

Cheers

Back