year of my Lava Dome? and question about my project two's

stingray230sx

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I am in process of putting together a Lava Dome and am wondering what year frame I have....

serial number is F1080552 it is the standard purple / black fork listed for both 91's and 92's..
also worth mentioning is the decal on the down tube is the ovalized K with the word "mountainbikes" followed by an American flag
ovalized K on the head tube / designed by Joe Murray and lava dome on the top tube
on the seat tube just below the top tube an ovalized K with the "MTB chromoly double butted tubing and the bottom has the vertical TBG with "the bicycle group" script below the TBG

in reading some older chat posts it has been stated that 91's had integrated seatpost binder vs 92's with a collar that slipped over the seat tube top.

mine has the collar that slips over the top of the seat tube, anodized black.

my project two's are of course black, and the steerer tube [threaded] has 1991 stamped on it and below that K-a and then CM/SB and just below the threaded section the serial number 203F366
the decals on the fork blades say "project two triple butted" and also have a small yellow oval decal with the joe murray mountain bike components words

thanks for your help

doug

almost forgot, when doing a total repaint, how are you guys duplicating the long oval "chain guard" on the drive side chain stay? is that a standard decal like piece I can buy and put on after the paint has been finished?

Re:

Id be inclined to believe the cm/sb (cromoly single butted) over the decals... we know how easy a paint job and ebay decals are, however the onky true way to teat is to weigh them. TB's will be around the 8/900g mark... there's plenty of threads around with accurate info

G

Back