yeah whatever!

£28000, but that is **very** negotiable. He wants rid of it.
It's really solid boat, refitted to a very high standard.
I think it could be craned out just down from us for £120.
If he's handy he can get something for £8000, but it's a lot of work.

I think his top end price is about £3000
:shock: ,ive told him he'll either get a rowing boat for that little or something thats going to take a team of skilled b/builders years to renovate
But hes adamant hell get one for his price :roll:

For £28,000 you could build a new boat ;)
Personally i'd rather have a barge,sod living on something with a beam of 7"
Give me 15' at least

And Cannons
aharrrr Jim Lad :LOL: :LOL:

dyna-ti":2vuntn79 said:
I think his top end price is about £3000
:shock: ,ive told him he'll either get a rowing boat for that little or something thats going to take a team of skilled b/builders years to renovate
But hes adamant hell get one for his price :roll:

For £28,000 you could build a new boat ;)
Personally i'd rather have a barge,sod living on something with a beam of 7"
Give me 15' at least

And Cannons
aharrrr Jim Lad :LOL: :LOL:

People think you can build a new boat for £28k, but you would be shocked at the resale value, and the quality isn't there, so you have to pay more in the long run on repairs. A friend of mine has a widebeam that cost £60k new, and the heating has worked for all of 3 weeks out of the 3 years he's owned it. :shock:

Far better to have something better quality that will hold its value and be a bit nicer to own. I could buy a new bike from JJB Sports for £80, but that doesn't mean I'd want to own one.

And I take your point about living somewhere where you can both walls at the same time, but bigger boats are harder to keep going and can't go to the same places. A mooring for a dutch barge can be 6 times what I pay for my mooring, and if you want to stay on inland waterways you can't reach most of it. Also, license, insurance and diesel all come to more money. Lots more.

But your friend will get a reasonable little cruiser for that. A Dawncraft Dandy maybe, or perhaps a little Viking. Not sure he'd want to live on it in winter, but it's possible.

Apolloduck ,my home from home :D
boats&outboards is good too ,as is the houseboat center

If i was to build ,
I would build a 12-14' open weekend sail boat with a square rig and no genoa,a half cuddy that attaches to a boom tent,that closes up to create a sealed area for sleeping + cooking
Perhaps even a little stowaway 2hp outboard
But as i cant even get made the pair of oak bookcases that i need desperately,then i think its unlikely in the next 10 yrs

What is likely. is that i spend my retirement stoned, renovating a houseboat in Amsterdam :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/BCU050
I like this boat- has a bit of history to it and used to belong to George Formby,who named it after his wife
My reasons for buying something like this is ,its a decent length,is very well fitted out to a higher standard than most,it would have been serviced yearly and been very well looked after.
I also heard that he had a keel fitted to it, enable him to cruise to the Med
----------------------
there was an old British patrol boat going a while back on B&O, Converted into a liveaboard ,it looked a mess and had washing lines strung across her decks and loads of moss and weed growing on it
It was about 55' long and its original engines were 3 rolls Royce merlin's :shock:
May have looked tatty but went like sh** off a hot shovel @ over 50 knots
That would have been cool,passing somebodys 100 grand gin palace at twice their speed with the washing blowing and plant pots on deck :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
----------------------------------------
And this naturally- http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/EY017540

Back