WTD 1989, 90 or 91 Saracen Trekker or Traverse

b00per

Retro Newbie
I'd love a Trekker or Traverse from any of those years. Please PM or lmk if you have any that you're ready to let go. Thanks

Re:

If you pm me your email Ill send you pics. I’ve got a 1990/1/2 (can’t remember year) TuffTrax in the blue with white decals as per catalogue. However... the more I examined the bike in the catalogue the more I realised it wasn’t quite right. Slowly feature by feature I realised that what I have is in fact not a TuffTrax but a Traverse, painted and sold as a TuffTrax! I know all sorts of anomaly’s exist, but it was quite exciting figuring it out. So for a wolf in sheeps clothing Ive got just the thing.

I have a 1988 model availible ... £119
frame + fork (frameset)
18”
light / blue (turquoise)
colour matched reflector brackets

tangent":1am6bj1e said:
I have a 1988 model availible ... £119
frame + fork (frameset)
18”
light / blue (turquoise)

Thank you. I would be very interested in that for my partner - can you PM me so we can figure it out?

b00per":mttqg28c said:
tangent":mttqg28c said:
I have a 1988 model availible ... £119 + postage
frame + fork (frameset)
18”
light / blue (turquoise)

Thank you. I would be very interested in that for my partner - can you PM me so we can figure it out?

PM sent ... here is link to Flickr album mentioned in post above

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNhMGkX

£219 + postage inc. components illustrated (XT 1988 U brakes + levers / XTR threaded headset / UN?72or52 BB

Happy to just go bare frameset option if you already have a stash of parts , or work out in between option!

Selling on behalf of my Dad, (we both got the same bike Christmas 198:cool:...archive image is a retro me Langdale, Lake District 1989!

b00per":1cfkufv7 said:
tangent":1cfkufv7 said:
I have a 1988 model availible ... £119 + postage
frame + fork (frameset)
18”
light / blue (turquoise)

PM sent ... here is link to Flickr album mentioned in post above

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNhMGkX

£219 + postage inc. components illustrated (XT 1988 U brakes + levers / XTR threaded headset / UN?72or52 BB

Happy to just go bare frameset option if you already have a stash of parts , or work out in between option!

Selling on behalf of my Dad, (we both got the same bike Christmas 198:cool:...archive image is a retro me Langdale, Lake District 1989!

Thanks Tangent, but it's a bummer that I don't have all the parts I'd need to build it. I'm looking for an original spec-ish Trekker and only have 1/2 of what I'd need. Great history though and I love the pictures of you and the bike!

Latest posts

Back