Written Off Car - Help please!

gibbleking":1yimbs5o said:
its a silver i30.....

Not quite as flash as a Veloster then, but a nice car nonetheless. All we got from the hire company was a 1.4 Corsa :(

We got picked up in a brand spanking new i40 tourer though, which was lovely.

so far the list is

busted rear colour coded bumper
broken wing ,exhaust bent,rear light cluster on the wonk
boot alignment is off to one side slightly
rear tyre is shagged....

about 1000 quid so far so very close to being a write off....

gibbleking":3vmat7u1 said:
so far the list is

busted rear colour coded bumper
broken wing ,exhaust bent,rear light cluster on the wonk
boot alignment is off to one side slightly
rear tyre is shagged....

about 1000 quid so far so very close to being a write off....

They stopped assessing ours when it crept over the £2,000 mark and the damage didn't even look that bad!

shes hoping that if it does get written off we may be able to buy it back from them to cover some of the money shes spent on it this year...we live in hope..

Must be something in the air - I got shunted in the rear on Saturday afternoon :evil: ....although other driver has admitted responsibility :D
Damage mainly confined to rear bumper, valance, spare wheel carrier behind rear axle. However given age of vehicle I suspect it going to be "beyond economical repair" so will see what happens. I'm already being swamped with offers of courtesy cars (being brought up from Glasgow, 100 miles away) but I'll see how long repair/resolution is gonna take first.
Trouble is its aToyota Previa which are few and far between round these parts so whatever happens I know a) replacement parts will be expensive and b) replacement car, if a Previa, will likely entail travelling the country :|

Will see what transpires :xmas-big-grin:

We have been presented with an interesting dilemma. The chap who damaged our motor is an owner operator who does not want a claim on his insurance. He has asked us to get quotes for repair and he will pay them directly. Interesting. Last time I agreed to that it was a VW Kombi an uninsured driver penetrated side on. We had two quotes, the chap paid us cash and we got the whole van tidied and resprayed well within the money.

Back