Bit of luck, car content... Big Up for Ford!

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
My main family car was written off back in the first snows last year, and I have been wrangling with the insurance since. Got it written off, then bought it back from them and am very happy with the result as it is with a repairer I trust to bring it back to pre accident state. (Family)

Well anyway, after four months of delays and indecision it is nearly ready, but on final road testing the repairer was not happy with the power steering performance.

This was not evident prior to all the repair work being done, and was not part of the write off or repair agreement.

Well, I know there was nothing at all wrong with the power steering prior to the crash, so I assume this was a result of the crash and had accepted I would have to pay for this repair, albeit out of the money I 'made' on the whole deal.

So, I was looking at stumping up maybe another £1500 or so according to my repairer, including the labour.

Having discussed it at length last week, they agreed to take it to the local Ford dealer from where I had purchased the car to get their price on that repair.

Once there, the service department examined the problem, and assessed it as a warranty repair!

Unbelievable!

100% brilliant customer service from Ford.

No messing about, because their opinion was that there was no way of proving the fault was down to the accident, they are repairing it gratis and at the same time giving it it's one year service.

So, fingers crossed, car back with me soon fully serviced just in time for the snow free roads.

Ironic that I crashed her just as the first snows came and she is coming back to me just as the last snows are leaving. And the way it happened forced me to get hold of the first 4x4 I found that I liked, saving me a lot of money because I bought a cheap one and it has not really skipped a beat for the last four months. I would not have bought so cheaply without being in a hurry.

Mainly though, a huge big up to Ford, because they could have turned around and refused to accept that a fault developed 'on its own' like that.

Between damp problems in our basement in London and attending rot in most of the ground floor, we needed some good news. :)

yeah great news! :cool:
thats just what a huge company like ford should be doing, keeping the 'small' domestic customers happy
cheers for sharing

yeah, when my bro worked in the steel industry, he reckoned ford had the highest quality in terms of what they would/wouldnt accept from their suppliers. Everything had to be so spot-on. Contrast this with VW, for which he was also a liaison metallurgist and he reckoned they accepted anything. so next time youre faced with with a golf/passat v focus/mondeo decision, bear it in mind.

Ooh, I cannot question that as you have based it on insider knowledge, but historically VW must have been doing something right with the assembly, ancillary components, paint or quality control or whatever, because VWs have always been to my knowledge and experience very well made and reliable! Lots of Mk1 Golfs still going strong, I don't even need to mention the .

Ford had a long time in the wilderness, maybe it was a problem of another nature, but they certainly seem to have upped their game in the last ten/fifteen or so years.

I certainly agree they are worthy of consideration when looking at those types of car you mentioned.

To be honest, a lot of the decision making about modern cars is down to the styling, there are not the massive differences there used to be.

The S-Max is a solidly made car that feels like a mid size saloon to drive. (I wonder sometimes what 'sport car' the reviewers had driven who compare it to one.)

Compared to it my old Touran felt like a boat, as did my Espace.

However I did love the Espace, and would get another at the drop of a hat.

If you drive aggressively the S-Max is ideal. If you enjoy being wafted along sedately, get a Renault or Citroen.

I don't know if the new Tourans lean over less, but it suffered from that and poor traction as well.

Cars aye! Bunch of cars!

:)

Back