Wrapping a bike for posting

Neil":2f8fk827 said:
unkleGsif":2f8fk827 said:
bigmick":2f8fk827 said:
.....how do you prove collection in a dispute if paid by paypal
technodup":2f8fk827 said:
You can't. Which is why collections should be paid in person.

Following the insistance of a buyer to pay by paypal only to collect in person, I have had the Mrs take a surreptitious photo of him collecting the item from me.... only to have a dispute raised for non receipt of item

Not sure if paypal would have accepted it as evidence, as he dropped the case before I got to send it to them, when I sent him the photo with the item in his hands and a smile on his face...
Cheeky tw*t :LOL:

G
Loving that - did he reply / respond with anything or just go a big rubbery one?

Clammed up tighter than 20year old seatpost ;)

G

bigmick":35hw6etc said:
letting the buyer supply the courier could leave you open to item not received claim

no it couldn't, because legally, he receives it as soon as courier collects it. This is down to what's known in the trade as incoterms. If you sell EXW (ex works) buyer takes responsibility of both risk and cost as soon as it leaves the sellers door.

Therefore legally, if it got damaged with the courier, the only way they could claim is if you didn't pack it properly. If the courier damages it or loses, and it was packed properly, it is their responsibility.

However, the way paypal works, it is a risk

Pyro Tim":1mnl5rkx said:
bigmick":1mnl5rkx said:
letting the buyer supply the courier could leave you open to item not received claim

no it couldn't, because legally, he receives it as soon as courier collects it. This is down to what's known in the trade as incoterms. If you sell EXW (ex works) buyer takes responsibility of both risk and cost as soon as it leaves the sellers door.

Therefore legally, if it got damaged with the courier, the only way they could claim is if you didn't pack it properly. If the courier damages it or loses, and it was packed properly, it is their responsibility.

However, the way paypal works, it is a risk
you start off saying it cant happen

but end up saying it can

so what is your point

there is a risk if you allow someone to pay by paypal and arrange their own courier or pick it up themselves

my point was legally, it can't happen, however, as we all know paypal doesn't always seem to follow logic, or legallity, it has it's own rules.

You get the courier to sign for it as the buyers proxy. I'm sure it would stand up in court, just not sure about paypal

Back