WRA Crank .... Help, Help,Help

Just re-read your original post and realised that you are using the rings from a Ritchey 2x9 set up on a triple chainset, is that not where the problem lies? I'd guess that they were never designed for triples and in the Ritchey 'save weight' approach they shaved it down as much as possible.

If you do want to use the 2x9 then why not try the 1.2mm spacers before getting anything too expensive made up, or find yourself a 'normal' sugino middle ring (didn't they make the Ritchey ones?) :D Have fun with this one!

Hi Pete,

Yea, I am using the ritchey 2 x 9 rings, the outer ritchey ring is the same thickness as the T/A compact ones I have, 5mm thick.
But the middle ritchey ring is only 3mm compared to the T/A middle one, 5mm thick.

Although the actual teeth thickness on both types of rings are 2mm , I think where the problem is with the ritchey ring, being so thin.
This in turn throws the spacing out for the granny, so I need to space it across from the outer by 2mm, but I want 0.5mm spacers to allow for any fine adjustments I have to make,.. I cant see any reason, once I have the spacers that this would not work..

I do have some spacers in the workshop that are 1mm thick, but unfortunatley the diameter where the chainring bolt goes through (6mm) is to small, I'm thinking if I cant find any stock ones, I'll have to start drilling these out to work.. cant believe its so hard to find some bloody spacers.... :roll: :LOL:

And Pete the easiest answer would be to use sugino rings or indeed run the T/A ones I have, but I really like the ratio on the ritchey rings.

I realize am using a lot of non stock components on this current build but , this is just the start as I am also going to be running the P20 on a 3x10 system soon.. ;), so this needs to be sorted prior to undertaking the next lot of modifications.

So I am still looking for some... :roll: :LOL:

Right guys, a telephone call later and we are sorted :) :)

I have some Nylon spacers on there way :) ... the company I dealt with even weighed these for me :LOL: :LOL: to see if they were lighter than the alloy ones they could offer... and they have also put me onto a Titanium company who can produce this size in Ti if I decide :) , the guy was really really helpful, and due to the quantity I required he is sending them out as samples :cool: :cool: :)

Happy end to the day for sithy :)

Back