Wot happened to fat bikes

Even better now they are unfashionable as they have become more affordable, i picked up a Cube Nutrail pro 2016 model off eBay for only £350 last month. My plan is to convert it to an ebike using a bafang 48v 750w mid drive motor paired with a 48v 17.5ah Samsung battery. I already have the conversion kit but I have to lengthen the axle from 73mm to 120mm using an axle extension kit I also purchased press fit adapters.
Hopefully the build goes to plan.
It‘s the background to the photos which scream ‘fat needed’ look at that bogginess.….

There you go...a Fat Bike endurance event in Geilo Norway on the last weekend in January. Did it for the first time this year ( well the 100km) and doing the big boys 150km next month ( slightly bricking myself as I know what to expect now and I hope my training this year has got me to the right level)

If they were a fad and now they are not, anyone got a dirt cheap one they bought and now want rid of? Thinking mongoose or something. 🤪

Fat Viking looks neat ☺
I go to Norway most years but to XC ski and usually in March . Or February and hut to hut tour rather than track ski.
Maybe one year I'll take the fatty instead of planks!

Yeah, my Pugsley is coming on for about 12 years old or so which makes it a worthwhile fad.
Up until last month it had always been Singlespeed as well.
What a fad 😎
That's a proper beardy hipster bike 😉. We have a few of those up here in Macretro land, where they probably make more sense than most of the UK.

Hi Eric
Here is the piranha fat fish it is the same as a coyote fatman bike an entry level fat bike if you are on a budget.
I upgraded the handlebars and got some part worn Origin8 tyres and sold it on eBay to help fund my Cube Nutrail.
Really great fun bikes as long as you don’t take yourself too seriously.
Nice ride bud
I think my Tioga 2.3 tyres dragged enough though :)

This one is made by a Giant subsidiary, Northrock XCF. In the summer, they're on sale for like $350 bucks.in summer, I tell myself I don't need a fat bike. Now that it's winter, they're $700 again. Still a good price, but I can remember summer
image_phone.jpeg

Latest posts

Back