workshop diaries - whats happening in your workshop ??????

perry":1i0rs9nl said:
How about one of these tektro rbp brakes . doesn't use the holes , the black part just kinda presses against the mount , to adjust it you loosen the bolt , move the spring then tighten and pop the spring back behind the arm . Incredibly simple .

100_0425.jpg
Excellent!
Another piece of the puzzle found.

Thanks. :D

Been opening boxes of stuff that have been in the workshop for about 4 years untouched,,since moving up to northumberland.... jeez I did not realize I had so much tat.. :LOL: :LOL:

today I have mostly been returning my Kona Kilaula back to org. spec such as I can find in the garage, the parts are all in here somewhere!!! and putting some roxshox on the hardrock, and ordering parts for the Kona Hei Hei full suss frame I got on ebay this week. :cool:

Last night fixed the road bike. Fitted new chainset and front mech. How come every part I replace on it weighs more than the old bits I remove?

It's only a cheapy Trek but it has started to wear out all at once.

Been a busy bee , Stripping the parts off the C16R to replace with Xt stuff , Getting the Zaskar ready for building and this afternoon put together a thule rack for team bus :cool: was hoping to receieve my mates c16r to start :cry:

Tinkered with the Outpost..

Added
Race Face crank
36T Sakae front ring
14T rear ring
New shiny black SS spacers

Refitted
MAG21's (with new crown)
Dia-Compe V's and brake cables.

Going to swap a saddle over and take it for a spin on Monday...

Cranks off the STS and nos XTR 951 rings on :) happy happy happy, wheels off and tyres off, ready to take it back from a commuting hack to freerider......bit of the back end polished up too (god bless Meguiars)

new Schwalbe Marathon Supreme tyres put on the new commuter - Croix de Fer - next job is fitting a computer on it

Stripped down a nice ano blue 1994 Zaskar last week... just deciding what to use to build it up and what to get rid of now!
Have a lovely set of RC36's and some Manitou EFCs hanging on the wall as of a week or so back ready to go onto something.
The entire shed/workshop is in need of a good clean though :?

Had a crappy day tinkering with the bike today. I've been invited on an XC ride next Sunday with a couple of blokes from work, neither ride much so it's just going to be a bit of a laugh/ something to do rather than an epic.

So I bought a new (old) stem, x-lite fly, put that on - thinking quick job - nope, need an extra spacer. Quick drive out to the local to get one, stupidly guestimated I needed a 5mm, got back and yep.. Needs a little bit more. head back over and ended up getting a pack of Hope spacers. Put it all together... I don't like it :( feels okay just looks wrong. Weird as I always wanted an x-lite stem but now it's on I just don't like it.

Left it on for now anyway. Also wanted to swap my 48T single ring to somthing a bit more XC friendly, well just riding friendly in general. I notice the trend is running a much smaller ring on single set ups. Opted for a red L&M 38T I had laying around, doesn't really go with my colours but not much choice. Now.. the chain guide has decided it doesn't like the set
up. Can't get it to sit right, I actually think my cranks might have had it as they are going too far onto the BB so the spider fouls the chain guide quite a lot :(

Next job is to ditch the DMR guide I've had forever and try something that won't catch the spider. Running out of time though, really don't want to have to buy a new modern one as it will spoil the late 90's vibe.

I'd cry if I had to write it all down :cry:

Anyway I have 2 pairs of SID's I intend to make one good pair out of. Going to strip the muddy fox and store it and singlespeed the Wicked. Oh and need to get my TT bike up a running pronto, probably after the SID's but soon anyroads.

Latest posts

Back