Work bikes

heres my bike, it gets me everywhere. im becoming and urbanist! :LOL: will change tyres occasionally and his the trails
diamondback coil ex
a few bits have been changed on it since
got schwalbe crazy bobs - 2.35
ashima aro-03 rotors
cnc stem
dj3 forks
fox vanilla float shock
and 11-23 dura ace cassette
will put up an updated pick when i remember :roll: :LOL:

10072010037.jpg

hey all.
this is my commuter for the winter months. i rode it all of last winter through some fairly nasty weather, and it had a rattle can paintjob and performed faultlessly so i decided to 'do it up' over the summer.
i just rebuilt the wheels so have put it back together. the frame/forks/bars/stem/cranks/post were powder coated a few weeks ago, but the wheels were in such a state they needed new spokes all round.
the frame is a gt peace(ofsh!t)2005 and the forks are salsa summat-or-other. the wheels are deore mtb disc hubs but with 700c rims and fairly thin 32c conti tyres. the frame is for 26 inch wheels, but the 700c+low profile tyres fit in fine. i had to braze on a few fittings for the mudguards, but she all comes together ok.

workhorse001.jpg

workhorse002.jpg

the bars and stem are remnants from a mates bike, off of his specialized stumpjumper.

workhorse003.jpg

the little brackets that hold the mudguards on are homemade titanium.

workhorse004.jpg

now, i realise the colour is, well, horrible, but thats the whole point. would you nick it?...........

This is my daily 'beater' - late nineties Xizang with a mixed bag of old-school and new bits.
Running HS22 up front, and was lucky enough to find a single Altek blade from ebay.de last year.
Rear brake is XT V-brake through an M952 lever and Shimano V-brake booster.
Cook Bros cranks, Hugi 240/X517, Tioga Spyder/Tune/Titec mash-up.
It's of a mongrel but it does the job admirably.

x3.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
My previous.............. the 89 cindercone, and my latest the 91 Fire mountain.

Both a very comfortable fast ride.

➡️

DSCF4912.jpg

and the missus's retro-ish ride ➡️

DSCF4914.jpg

hejhej, this is my new ( old ) on road (1 wheeler ) and off road ( 2 RM ) bikes for everyday use,

the other day ...

... touring Colorado back in 2007 we saw that Beauty downtown Steamboat Springs

YES and there are some more in Kents shop and at his house too

:roll:

Martin

Attachments

• Moots_1.jpg
    Moots_1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 6,509
  • Moots_2.jpg
    Moots_2.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 6,509