Work bikes

my new "errand and town bike"

based on a sunn 1998 revolt, built with parts lying around
frame is nice Fuji SL, plus a S8 cane creek headset ( quite impressed by the quality) , a nice NOS sachs quarz at the rear, a streak X crankset and TA rings, a syncros stem, some avid arch 50 brakes , some nice 217 and a desanodized XT seatpost plus a good old flite

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

My commute bike... most of the time.

It's a 93 Trek 720 that i found on CL for $60. It had been sitting in the owners shed for a long time(very dirty and out of tune). Apart from the dirt and age, this bike appears to have very low miles on it.

I cleaned it up, and found some tires on CL for cheap, changed out the grip shifters, bars, and stem for something that works better for me(parts I already had).

For $75 I have a good cheap beater. It came with a rack, but I tend to just bring a backpack when I ride, so I'm not ready for luggage yet. I do plan on fenders though.

IMG_2612.jpg

Well, I sold the Trek 720 that is posted above. I needed something a little bigger.

I bought this for $20 and aded the fenders(Free-traded for some old 27" tires), rack(free),tires$40. It's a 79 Fuji Royale. Heavy bike but it rides great and is pretty bulletproof.

My new work bike...$60. Only complaint is that it needs a 7 or 8 speed cassette instead of the 6.

IMG_2930.jpg

this is my work bike use every day until i want to get there quicker then i use my orange st4

Attachments

• 2bikes.jpg
    2bikes.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 6,465
lankshear1976":324ql28v said:
this is my work bike use every day until i want to get there quicker then i use my orange st4
sorry forgot to put that its a saracen xray rebuilt after a few years in the loft .

Errand bike - Schwinn CycleTruck

I don't commute by bike, largely because this is Southern California and I want to live to ride another day. Here is the bike I use for quick runs to the neighborhood stores, though. It is somewhere around a mid-'40s Schwinn CycleTruck frameset. The bike wasn't restorable when I got it, so I built it into a cruiser sometime in the early '80s. Looking at the photos, I just realize it has the Mafac canti brakes and motorcycle levers (Magoura?) that came new on my '81 Ritchey. This thing weighs a ton, but it can carry 125 pounds on the front platform and still park upright using the center stand. There is a brief CycleTruck history at http://www.re-cycle.com/History/Schwinn/SwnA_Models.aspx. Note that my bike has the extra frame tube cited for the older versions.

Attachments

• CycleTruck1_sized.jpg
    CycleTruck1_sized.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 6,380
  • CycleTruck2_sized.jpg
    CycleTruck2_sized.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 6,380
  • CycleTruck_nameplate.jpg
    CycleTruck_nameplate.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 6,380
one-eyed_jim":ws6x37te said:
What a beauty!

Are the blue cranks Campag Record BMX?

Yes, indeed they are. Got them from the Campi USA rep at the end of the Long Beach trade show. All the displayers would swap and scam their display equipment when it came time to tear down our booths. (They're really too short at 165mm for the bike, but they look too cool to replace with longer cranks.)

Back