Woke up this morning

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
To find its started to rain inside.

:( Neighbours 2 above me had a big mains leak and its filtered down to me @ approximately 5:30 am
Been lucky i reckon and only had a few things damaged though the hall carpet is also wringing so that might not be able to stay :? Hope not its a nice wool one . Kitchen walls are also wringing and this is only about a year since the last leak that took over a year to sort completely

Fortunately, when the plumber called and said the water was going off i filled my stove top coffee pot so at least i can sit and be comforted by it. :D
Hey-Ho. such is life.

Hope it gets sorted for you soon mate.
When I was young I rented a downstairs flat, quite a big big old style place with a friend of mine, it had really high ornate ceilings. One afternoon I raced in the door from work busting for the loo, raced in pee'd, washed hands, turned round and just as I was pulling the door to the whole ceiling came crashing down in a cloud of plaster etc. It was like a cartoon really, I was still standing in the door frame holding the door but covered completely in dust and plaster and all I could think was ' thank god I didnt need a poo'.
The flat on the floor above had left a bath running and apparently forgot it was filling. Funny now, hell we were only teenagers, it was funny then ;)

Jamie

I remember getting home one night when I lived in a dodgy bedsit type flat absolutely steaming drunk. Woke up the next morning to find all my clothes where I had dumped them on the floor. They were soaking wet with a light yellowish staining, I of course presumed the worst and though I had been for a misplaced pee during the night due to my state of inebriation. Straight in the washing machine and off to work.

Next morning I woke up to a dripping sound and saw water coming through the ceiling, turned out the neighbours above had a slight leak from their shower and it came straight into my room. I've never been so relieved to discover where water was coming from.

Lucky it didnt land on you J. That old plaster is the real thing and soaked its pretty heavy :?

This is suppose is me 3rd flooding. Such is life when you live below someone but ive been lucky not to have leaked on anyone else.
Overall ive been really lucky in that the house above too the brunt and had all the buckets out early so what filtered through to me could have been a lot more.

Lucky again I got a carpet cleaning firm who have just left to clean the hall carpet that took the brunt of it before i got all my tupperwares in place(Hooray for tupperware :D ) Got them to do the bedroom and a few rugs.
Itewms lost,namely one 19" lg moniter and a cannon pic printer but theres little point putting in a claim as i was donating them to charity anyway,and a claim usually has its penelties :?

All in all came off lucky.

Make up for last time and the 12 months that took to sort properly, made an arse of removing all the dampness and mould started to grow all over . 'King nightmare.

Latest posts

Back