With all the uploading to archive going on we are loosing the credit to the original posters.

Seems an awful waste of time to have to change the owner of each, surely it'd be easier just to add a little credit line to the description box of the upload (as i imagine fluffy/mk one can do thst on their own?), on a case by case basis. And only if someone insists on it. I assume many people couldn't care less if they're credited for scanning a document. Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with wanting credit either. But ultimately they're resources to help the community.

They are, but then people sell bike parts to help the community, why shouldn't somebody get a bit of credit for their time and effort to scan and upload these, they may even have paid to get the catalogue.
I know the time it takes me to scan, crop, align and setup the upload, the Suntour, Shimano, Kona, etc that I did this for is a large chunk of the day(s) gone. Nobody pays )to use them in any way.

And these quite often benefit more people than an individual and a bike part.

Yes of course. I didnt mean imply that they shouldn't receive credit. I just meant it'd be just as fine to add the name of the person who scanned/sourced it in the description, instead of relying on John to modify which user posted it I suppose.

Back