Will I snap a pace frame being a fat bloke

Re: Hey

mazdaman1980":3c5eles0 said:
I know what they say about the weight thing but its premium box section Alu, so i would be amazed if a 17 stone bloke would casue it too much worry. My freind is an engineer and he swears by his and he is not much less than me, maybe around 16 ish stone!
The reason they have a low weight limit on is because they were never heat treated after welding, so were prone to breaking with bigger folks on, particularly behind the drive side bb! As Scant said strong and Pace don't belong in the same sentance, they were built and designed as a race bike period!

THEFALLGUY":35lwzof0 said:
Ok so if i get one it will be for light use and posing i guess.

Actually not sure how strong the Cannondale frame i have is either , its a 1.5 head tube but its wall thickness is thinish especially compared to a SC Chameleon. Thing is I want the strength of steel the speed of allly and the weight of Ti but it always comes back to buying a Chameleon, a Stiffeeeee or P7. Nobody seems to make my ideal bike, those muppets at SC ruined the Chameleon with the eccentric BB....madness sheer madnesss

I love the ride and light weight of the Hei Hei through the woods but thought a pace would be stiffer.

Just picked up a MK3 Chameleon frame in absolute mint condition, I should have never sold my MK1-the best bike I have ever owned or ridden and that includes my current stable.

Back