WHYTE PRST-1 old skool x-lite build!

thanks raidan!
it's def a marmite bike for sure, but i love the engineering, and more importantly the ride. it falls in one of two categories: "best bike ever, tracks like it's on rails", or: "sh*te"!
thankfully, for me it falls into the first of the two!!
no "front folding under braking issues", no "it will take a bit of getting used to".... it's just plainly and simply bloody marvellous!
yes the bearings all need to be good, and the shocks set up well, and it certainly is no featherweight, but jings crivens help ma boab it's a stonker of a bike!!
i will however begrudgingly give you the whole "preying mantis" thing!
it's a totally nuts bike, but for me it's easily the best bike i've ever had!
i sold my custom steel ALVES frame to buy this, and also my lovely ringle zooka stem to get the L168, but i think it fits perfectly with the "nicely engineered" theme, and yeah, it looks ace gold!
as goldmember so aptly put it..... "that's a keeper!"

This is my Unicorn bike.... LOVE IT!

However I think the 6pot front/2pot rear break set up is a tad imbalanced ;)

G

Veryyyy niiiice

I´ve always had a thing for them Preston Whyte´s...The fork is definitely a winner, BMW uses them on their Off Roaders, regarding the rear I don´t know...The colorscheme is beautiful except but the X-Lite stem and King headset. I would have kept the Ringlé even though it´s American or even better I would have gone for the Machine Tech extreme curve stem - That´s nice...But take care of your little baby!

I love it too.Great looking bikes and although ive never ridden one i believe they perform in a way suspension should.I had some amp forks and loved the feel of them,i imagine the full bike built to the engineering ideas of suspension behaviour would be a dream to ride.
My No1 favourite frame that ive never ridden :LOL:

Really hate the stem
Sorry :LOL:

Great looking bike!
I was always wondering if you really have to have that long head tube extention/neck,
or if it was possible just to use stem with very high rise (25-30 deg to get out of the way of that linkage) and cut the tube down...?

UPDATE; as of tonight the PRST-1 is about to be ousted in favour of a PRST-4!
just gone and bought a 4 frame on the dreaded ebay, hope it will be here by next weekend,
subsequent to a thorough dismantling and rebuilding of all components
on the new frame, the 1 frame will be available!
see my post in the MTB for sale section.....

Back