Why no retrobike magazine ?

like the idea of some kind of retro newsletter thing with old ads , comps , calender etc. Someone mentioned FTF , how cool would somthin like that be ... Doesnt need to be complicated .. after all weve already got a cracking site with access to everythin we need such as PDF etc , suppose you could say this is already an E-zine or whatever. Were all collectors so this would be our own collectable thingy. We could even have Gil make freeby stickers to give away. :D Make it happen :!:

hamster":2fdnoc5u said:
The other issue is content. Getting people to write regularly and bring in fresh material is hard.

Are you shitting me :shock:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This lot could write professionally they've that much experience.

I'd be willing to pay a small subscription fee for some kind of newsletter, club membership

Rather than a full glossy monthly magazine I think it would be far better to have a bi-annually or even quarterly magazine. Would be easier to fill up with features, could even get re-prints from iconic bikes magazine features of the past once you get round copyright. Would be cool to see bike reviews but even cooler to see some of the old adverts!!!

We do not even have to go down the hard copy route, magazines can be published on-line the software is out there!

We could try to get LBS, National Bike Stores, International Manufacturers on side by implementing a Retrobike Membership discount scheme similar to many Car Owner clubs. I'm sure that companies like BETD would jump at the chance to advertise directly to it's main customer group.

Tech support section and Parts Sourcing directory would be cool. Meet the Members could also be an idea, just think of it guys some of us could become International Superstars

I'm sure if such a magazine did get off the ground it would have an International following. Retrobike in my opinion is the best online Retro site, far better than the competition.

Just an idea :cool:

I thing a digital e_Newsletter is the way to go as you can get some easy advertising on there and as many stories as you want. A printed magazine or newletter are a pointless excercise as to be fair, we on here are a niche, a minority if you will and you would only really get a small number of readers, paid for or not. It would be simple once the template had been set. This would cost John about £250-£500 to have done professionally and would have a further cost to send out to a database (ie us)

You then have the problem of who is Editor (a tougher job than you think) as one wrong word could get you in trouble. Who calls potential advertisers (maybe 4-6 per issue) Then you have teh strories and pictures which i would hope would be the easier bit as most people could take a pic and write their own brief story and submit it.

Finally it could have some sponsored links in the back to further useful websites to generate revenue and cover Johns costs if he was to choose to do this and bear in mind the poor guy might not have the time as he must have enough on his hands with this website.

There are a fair few factors to consider but perhaps with some key members donating their services this could become a little easier. I could certainly donate some time as i have the experience as i do this every day as a job. Perhaps the next post is who could help donate services???????

Back