Why include the story without proof or corroboration?

incorrigible

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IRD-In ... SwwW9fOb-z

Vintage IRD Interloc Racing Design Cross Country suspension fork - Rare!

Sellers: Description:
"Very rare, early nineties vintage suspension fork from Interloc Racing Designs. I purchased this direct from Rod Moses of IRD when they were operating out of Selma, Oregon. I went to visit him to have a steerer tube replaced on my IRD Expedition straight blade fork. He ended up taking me out on a ride and was showing off their new suspension fork. A few weeks later I bought this one from him. I believe he told me this was one of the first production units. He sent it with the ATI fork boots as shown and without decals on the fork legs. It has the Type II crown for 1-1/8" steerer tubes."

OK, so since we're not able to verify any of this, what say we embellish the story?

Me first:

"It was then put on the back of a pack mule and taken high into the Himalayas where I met none other than the Dalai Lama himself who agreed to give this fork a spiritual cleansing and a complete rebuild in return for a rare white flower growing on the eastern side of the mountain that would no doubt take me endless days and insufferable freezing nights to find,........or fifty bucks....

....so I gave him the fifty bucks and proceeded back down the mountainside whereupon I had the good fortune to happen upon a bike race, and who should zoom past me in a blur of fluoro and Lycra but Mr. John Tomac riding a hard-tail straight down the bumpy grade like it was a walk in the park. The residue on the side of the fork occurred when John did a farmer blow that would have hit the rest of the bike had I not picked up some Ninja “evasive maneuver” skills earlier in the day while hangin’ with the Lama……

……or it may well be a by-product of the Lama’s dog who seemed to take interest in the fork. I’ll have to get that scanned for DNA one of these days……or I could just clean it.”

OK, now it’s your turn.

Well, that’s my time! Peace out!
Be sure to try the lobster buffet, and don’t forget to tip your waitress!

Attachments

• IRD Fork.jpg
    IRD Fork.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 5,647
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Have you considered asking the seller for proof or corroboration - assuming you are interested in the forks?
Might be the easier option.....just saying.

slomo":3826llxh said:
Have you considered asking the seller for proof or corroboration - assuming you are interested in the forks?
Might be the easier option.....just saying.

That would be plain boring :LOL:

When you were at school did any of your reports mention ‘Slomo lacks imagination’ Or ‘Slomo lives in a very binary world’ ?

Both the seller and Frank seem to have a fanciful imagination
However Franks version is way more enlightened besides the provenance placed upon this worldly good being prostituted for sale will for ever remain the possession of the seller and not directly transferable to the new owner.

Open your mind like Frank and dream - the road is long and the journey far .....the possibilities are endless - works wonders for the History Man

Trying to get my creative juices flowing...... I need a muse...

And did he argue?

Dalai Lama ding dong?

As for you peach fuzz, we are not a muse.....

I’m rather partial to the occasional amuse bouche...

Re:

Couldn't get back on here all day yesterday. I figured either the RB servers were down :cry: :x or I had been excommunicated from RB for my odd sense of humor. :oops: :facepalm:

Slomo,
I was merely bored and looking for a few laughs, and not at the seller's expense either, because I assumed that he'd likely never see this posting. I never intend to offend anyone.

Spud,
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
btw, ACX and catalogs received in excellent condition. I can't thank you enough.
PM forthcoming.
Oh, and my reports in school always said the exact same thing, year after year:
"He has potential, and he could do great things if he would just stop screwing around and grow up! What's his problem? For the love of God, I've had it with this kid! I can't stand it anymore! I quit! Aaaaah! (sounds of running footsteps and glass breaking as one hurls ones self out of a window)".
I've been hearing that for more than a half a century, but of course they can't change me; don't they know? I'm incorrigible! (I think I need to get a superhero costume with a big "i" logo on the front).

HM,
"We are not a muse"
It seems I've heard that before somewhere...
:LOL:

Back