Why do you ride?

Re:

Because I still can and get enjoyment from it .
Most of my other hobbies I used to do and get a buzz from have been regulated and/or priced out of my reach .
Thankfully if you stay off the beaten tracks the bike hasn't been quite regulated away yet .

d2a525_81215992f46c47e09778aac9b4754b89~mv2.webp

The History Man pretty much nailed it.

I'd add that I skip work some days and do a full day of riding as an act of rebellion against what is expected of a married, father in his early 40s.

After wasting too much time working (and not riding) in my 20s and 30s, I'm now determined to use the rest of my time properly, not doing boring shit like working or watching TV.

The main reason, of course, is because I enjoy riding out in the wilderness and it should be a good investment in future health and a longer life.

:D I need to keep fit for my job now I am 50..been cycling/commuting for 25 years now{need to keep up with the younger work colleagues}..I love it..cycle all weathers..wet/hot/-3 cold..Its a great way of unwinding after a 12 hour day or night shift..

I Love my bikes :D

Ernie ;)

Re:

No idea.

Think I'll give up riding and just start a "collection" of bikes collecting dust...

Back