Why can't people be bothered to post frames /bikes on e-bay?

danpiero":348dv1hb said:
the point im trying to get at is the whole idea of selling things on e-bay is that you are hoping to sell something for as much as you can get for it . ...

But what you don't get is that a lot of people just go 'may as well see if I can get a few pennies on ebay instead of putting it in the skip'
Not every one is a collector/shop seller.
£30 no hassle sell is more than you would get putting it in a skip.

I think you have a one sided ebay mentality in your thinking ;)

I don't mind posting things as I have a business address I can use for them to collect from 6 days a week :)

But for somebody who works six days a week it can be a complete pain to post a bike :?

You've got to go to a bike shop to get a box ( couriers don't bring them :LOL: )

Yes you can pack a frame into a box in 10 minutes but you can't do it properly in that time ;)

Then you've got to leave at least half a day free to wait for the courier to collect it, as I've yet to find anyone who narrows it down to less than before or after midday :?

So there's your only day off of the week screwed for something you may or may not have got a few quid extra for :?

Then after all that the buyer comes back and says " he received the box but it had an empty Crunchy wrapper and half a bag of Monster Munch inside, which were very nice but I want my money back "

Then your wife announces she's throwing you out because you never pay her any attention on your day off as your too busy playing with sticky tape and swearing at cardboard boxes :? and she suspects you of stealing her last half bag of Monster Munch :roll:

So you end up homeless and probably sleeping in a bloody bike box :LOL:

Hope your pleased with yourself :LOL:

Jones":2vxrucza said:
I don't mind posting things as I have a business address I can use for them to collect from 6 days a week :)

But for somebody who works six days a week it can be a complete pain to post a bike :?

You've got to go to a bike shop to get a box ( couriers don't bring them :LOL: )

Yes you can pack a frame into a box in 10 minutes but you can't do it properly in that time ;)

Then you've got to leave at least half a day free to wait for the courier to collect it, as I've yet to find anyone who narrows it down to less than before or after midday :?

So there's your only day off of the week screwed for something you may or may not have got a few quid extra for :?

Then after all that the buyer comes back and says " he received the box but it had an empty Crunchy wrapper and half a bag of Monster Munch inside, which were very nice but I want my money back "

Then your wife announces she's throwing you out because you never pay her any attention on your day off as your too busy playing with sticky tape and swearing at cardboard boxes :? and she suspects you of stealing her last half bag of Monster Munch :roll:

So you end up homeless and probably sleeping in a bloody bike box :LOL:

Hope your pleased with yourself :LOL:

jones you hit the nail on the head!

;]

one of the reasons people are selling bikes on the bay is that they have failed to maintain them..
the bike got a bit rusty the gears don't work and it has a flat tyre.
These are the people who don't own a single spanner or hex wrench.
Boxing a bike without any tools is a bitch !

;]

Back