Why are Chris King headsets...

If they were making their own balls (phnarr) the headsets would probably be twice as expensive. I suspect they just have an alternative source.

Ok, well it's good to see a British company making all this stuff here and in house.
FSA one will do but if it was for an expensive build then why not.
Nice link to the factory too.

ultrazenith":3pyy48v9 said:
The one reason I'd pay out for a CK is that a CK headset has a 10 year warranty - so for somebody approaching 40, with several bikes on the go, this would effectively a headset for life.
Is that all?
Cane Creek 110 has a 110 year warranty. Put one alongside a King and note the difference!

I got through high-end CC's too quickly for my liking and they needed regular servicing. CK's I barely have to touch - a simple service every three years or so and they just keep on going. (And I'm talking about daily use here).

Re:

I really like Chris King components. All my bikes have a Chris King Headset and 3 have Chris King hubs (All in Red :LOL: ). They all perform seamlessly and look (IMHO) great.

It does help that I like red ;)

A3F945C1-27FE-4B58-89D1-E155065AC374_zpszf5fsvu4.jpg

6AFDB789-8F8E-4E86-9C92-D3799E5928A6_zpsgsnsypsl.jpg

78DDC720-CB0B-4F61-AA40-498ED0298331_zpsbo8kev6d.jpg

Re: Re:

al-onestare":117gv0bi said:
LikeClockwork":117gv0bi said:
I suspect even though the CK's are super smooth and gorgeous to look at, the cheap ones on ebay are just as good and as per usual, you're just paying for the name really....

No, no you're not.

Point taken, after reading through this thread again.

And I've just succumbed to a Rasta one off of the 'bay, so guess I'm about to find out what all the fuss is about :mrgreen:

Back