Who's the daddy?

TSC.":21pq728c said:
Henrik Djernis (sp?) won that year.

Mmm. I wonder what year I was there then. Anyone help?
1. Baker.
2. Overend.
3. Tomac.

Fantastic weather. Tim Gould was about 17th in what I think was his comeback race. I am old, my memory is going etc etc.

Iwasgoodonce":1fckq4m8 said:
TSC.":1fckq4m8 said:
Henrik Djernis (sp?) won that year.

Mmm. I wonder what year I was there then. Anyone help?
1. Baker.
2. Overend.
3. Tomac.

Fantastic weather. Tim Gould was about 17th in what I think was his comeback race. I am old, my memory is going etc etc.

i was there that year. overend was leading, slipped on a rock at a stream crossing & baker went for it. tomac was suffering mid race, but picked up on the final lap. I'd say 94?

jez-4-bikes-max":11jp6g1w said:
Are they black Grafton Maglites on his bike or 987's?

mag lites. he used them for a few years.
tomacgreendecal2.jpg

TSC.":34gtpatg said:
scant":34gtpatg said:
yeh, Tomac was mentally fast down the pipeline. the only other person who was close to that speed was darren tapp.. mainly as his pro-stop disc brake failed at the top :shock: .. he pulled out of the race soon after..
I think Gump has got a great clip of that, Darren did a lovely little dismount on the corner in the photograph, landing backwards on a hay bale before jumping back on the bike as if it was all one move. Very funny to watch. LOL.

Should be seeing Darren soon with Danpiero, I'll let him know he was mentioned in the same breath as JT, he'll like that.

TSC.
remember at the BMBF 92 at newnham when i dropped my chain up the climb before the pipeline and was virtually last and passed about 30 people down the outside of the pipeline ? i think gump had it on video .spoke to Tappy im meeting him next week he's up getting on his bike again maybe do a race aswell .

LOL, yep, I remember that - & a spectacular sight it was aswell! You do know there was a smooth line down the pipeline don't you?

TSC.

Back