Who still makes v brake rims?

Re: Re:

ishaw":50gup5et said:
https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/mavic-xc717-v-rim-R4430013.html

Not sure if they are still made, or their weight, but available here.

bought a pair these. But i think they are taking p*ss with the pricing. They had been £25 each.

bit late, but

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222466137449? ... 1436.l2649

nos x517 is what you need.

actually what you really want is a nos pair of ztr355. and in 28h lol good luck :)

those sun equaliser21 are hens teeth, i had one on my ebay watchlist for about a year, i didnt buy it cos i never found a second one. dont think they really make them anymore. 26" rim brake rims are the preserve of touring bikes now, and nobody needs a sub-400g touring rim.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Chipmunk":2lqkptq6 said:
mavic xm317 are nice budget rims, you can pick them up quite cheap in silver, harder to find in black.
which they also stopped making, so buy em up while you can.

yeah they dont make xm317 anymore, but they were not that good anyway, the non-maxal version of the xc717, about 460g each. not to be confused with the x317, which was teh short lived replacement for the x517, replaced in turn by the 717. i think.... damn you, mavic

Re:

Well I bought some XM317 silver for less than £15 each new. Be interested to see what they are like. Say 440g each, so light.
I thought they might just be rebadged older Mavics. Looks as if I was wrong on that.
Still got to better than most of the sub £20 rims.

In the end bought Mavic XM 117 from crc. My 717 order from cyclesurgey arrived with only one 717 and a 319 so returned them.

tintin40":3awkoiyc said:
In the end bought Mavic XM 117 from crc. My 717 order from cyclesurgey arrived with only one 717 and a 319 so returned them.

That's curious, as I also bought a pair from Cycle Surgery after following ishaw's link.

I saw that you had also ordered a pair, and I was going to ask you if yours had arrived okay when mine still hadn't been delivered after a week.

Anyway mine did eventually turn up, but they were not a matching pair.

They are both XC717's but one is an older log, and one is the newer version of logo with Silver Italic 717 numerals. Maybe I got your 717 that you returned, and they only had a non-matching rim left in stock, as I see that they are no longer available form Cycle Surgery.

I'll keep both of mine, and archive them for future use.

Pip.

It's probably worth stashing a few in your shed if you ride 26in on the regular.

Back