Who likes precision tools? Get your jealousy hats out...

grahame":21t6ggux said:
What's the gauge R and R for that vs the Park one?

I've not found any data on that. Having used both, it's my impression the Hozon is superior in both measurements. The repeatability seems way better because of the simpler operation of the Hozon.

Next time I'm out in the shop I'll run them both around a wheel to compare.

Pierre":kcancmcp said:
Nice - I've got one of these:
(pic above)
...also definitely better than a Park TM-1. Which isn't bad, but is nowhere near as accurate.

Nice simple design, not as fiddly to use as the Park.

:oops: i use a 5mm allen wrench and a few years experience to test my spoke tension by tapping them, and i have always had good results......reading this thread though, i feel a little inadequate......a thorn amongst roses!.....

feetabix":3quvq36h said:
:oops: i use a 5mm allen wrench and a few years experience to test my spoke tension by tapping them, and i have always had good results......reading this thread though, i feel a little inadequate......a thorn amongst roses!.....

I have a (probably extremely irritating) habit when examining bikes, of spinning the wheel slowly and flicking the spokes with my nail :oops: My wheels only have 2 distinct alternating tones, with minute variations on 3 or 4 spokes. I'm sure this means absolutely f**k-all, but small things please small minds as they say :LOL:

I just squeeze the spokes together with my fingers. . . spoke tension meter along with a whee trueing stand with clocks would be a nice toy for my OCD.

No precision bike tools here but i do have a nice festool sander ive just bought (and its Fab :D)
A standard sander of this type is £49 (dewalt,makita,bosch) The festool one is £255 :shock:

dyna-ti":1pul85n5 said:
No precision bike tools here but i do have a nice fool sander ive just bought (and its Fab :D)
A standard sander of this type is £49 (dewalt,makita,bosch) The fool one is £255 :shock:

EFA :twisted:

Back