Which Columbus SLX frame would you buy?

Re:

What a find that looks like an absolute peach.

I have found a couple of builders unknown to me, but I have no idea how the bikes will ride and that is the whole point really.

In short, I'm not fussed who's name is on the downtube, but it has to ride well.

Re:

It's an interesting topic this because so much of it comes down to personal experience and taste. I've bought many frames on the recommendation of others and hated them, but then that's half the fun, buying bikes and shifting them on to someone else. You'll know for sure when you've found the right one because you won't want to stop riding it.

@mike muz. Yep, still wondering what to do with the Moser. I thought it would be a doddle to convert to a seat clip but the tubing is fag paper thin, don't see how an Allen key seat clamp could be brazed on either. Looks like a new seat tube !

Aside from that its probably the lightest steel frame I have .....

Shaun

I agree with omegastrada in that it is all down to personal experience and preferences.
Montello, you know I'm only messing with you :)
I've ridden a couple of Pinarello but never owned one, I really liked them and they rode great.
Stringfellow I've also ridden a few De Rosa as well, not sure whether the steel ones were SLX or not, but all rode really nicely as would be expected from de Rosa but no better than my Merckx and certainly there was one non steel machine that was very muched liked.
I was really just speaking from my main experience or long term experience with my Merckx, theres got to be a very lot of people out there who have built with SLX, I imagine some good and some quite bad.
I wouldn't think that you could go too wrong trying any of the frames from the main known builders.
Choice is a wonderful thing and this forum is great for this as you can get a good cross section of peoples experience.

Jamie

Jamie

Re:

Well I've got a Basso Fior di Loto in SLX in the loft 57c-c seat tube so maybe 57c-c top tube that's looking for a home.

Re:

I only speak one language, and that badly.

Thank goodness for google translator. :mrgreen:

Back