Where can I get elastomers from?

tIB, tnx you've thought me something! Indeed there is adjustment in the chamber screw cap cover which I wasn't aware off. I can increase its length my up to around 15mm.

Any ideas of what might be sitting under the elastomer?

There are more...trust me

There should be some rebound ones in there, but you will need a long long Allen key to get to them

Retro Spud":daccn45e said:
There are more...trust me
Oh really? I had no idea there was anything else down there- assumed the bolt on the underside of the stanchion was to poke the elastomers out with.

julesg007":6kbsh2yt said:
tIB, tnx you've thought me something! Indeed there is adjustment in the chamber screw cap cover which I wasn't aware off. I can increase its length my up to around 15mm.

Any ideas of what might be sitting under the elastomer?

No worries- I've done a bit of tinkering with mine just to get them bouncing again- never got as far as that bottom part though- had no idea anything was there!

Yes, there is difinitley something that sits under the elastomer, can get them to move but don't have anything long enough to push them to the top of the chamber!

If you go to suspension fork parts they have the manuals, I think the archive section here has them as well

Re:

Thanks for the link to the manual, very helpful indeed.

Will see what I can do to get the forks pulled apart and sorted.

Cheers for all the advice

Re:

So following the instructions, I've taken the forks apart and the dampers are shot as well. One side has turned to gooey mush and the other although still in piece is soft as mashed potato!

So looks like they need a complete makeover!

Please excuse the rubbish in the background!

Back