What's your favourite type of cheese?

I'm surprised by the lack of Gorgonzola appreciation expressed here. Nobody a Gorgonzola fan?

Let me add that M Jouannault also does a very good Camembert affiné au Calvados. Not for everyday eating, but makes a very nice treat every once in a while.

cchris2lou":3qw0mwye said:
The king of cheese : Roquefort .

I`m the same.........a good Roquefort, and I like Blacksticks Blue, a lovely orange coloured blue cheese from Lancashire.

With the Chrimbo cake we`ll be having a an extra mature Farmhouse Cheddar washed down with the obligatory bottle of port...........yum !!

Marmite King":3tx4tnpl said:
cchris2lou":3tx4tnpl said:
The king of cheese : Roquefort .

I`m the same.........a good Roquefort, and I like Blacksticks Blue, a lovely orange coloured blue cheese from Lancashire.

With the Chrimbo cake we`ll be having a an extra mature Farmhouse Cheddar washed down with the obligatory bottle of port...........yum !!

I was born 10 miles from where they make it . and as a lot of locals work there , the best cheeses dont necessarily get eaten very far . :D

Keen's Cheddar, Campbeltown or Mull of Kintyre cheese, my home town. Fantastic stuff. Had to lay off the cheese though, when i was a student a few years ago i put on 2 stone eating a block of cheese a day mixed in with 2 packets of cheapo kwik save super noodles in 6 months :oops: :LOL: :LOL: Realised there was a problem when i was sitting in class and leaned back to stretch and the buttons pinged off my trousers :LOL: :LOL:

one-eyed_jim":90unnno1 said:
I'm surprised by the lack of Gorgonzola appreciation expressed here. Nobody a Gorgonzola fan?

Let me add that M Jouannault also does a very good Camembert affiné au Calvados. Not for everyday eating, but makes a very nice treat every once in a while.

I like Gorgonzola and so does my wife

Back