Whats the Oldest Most Retro MTB/ATB You Own ?

1988 Fisher Hoo Koo E koo for me, still in the process of "restoring"...
Singlespeed only though but Biopace, U-brake and 4-finger levers.
Absolute joy to ride surprisingly, gonna be my "fun" bike when I've finished it.

well...oldest frame? Original Paint 1936 Schwinn C model done up Tam Bomber style - original Morrow coaster hub, original 52T Sweetheart sprocket, pre war truss fork, pre war forged stem, 1951 Sturmey front drum, Rigida steel rims, 7/8" moto bar with Joe Breeze shims, Magura lever and moto cable, AME grips, VP bear traps, 1975 Brooks B72 saddle, WTB Nanoraptors cause some things don't need to be THAT retro :D.

eb09.jpg

Oldest complete rider? 1986 Mongoose All Terra Pro with Suntour XC components (including nice Suntour roller cams and XC Power levers), Araya pro class rims - all original except for B17 seat, Breeze Hite-Tire, Ritchey grips and repop Timbuk-IIs...gawd I need to remove the reflectors :D

mon_03.jpg

My 87 model 'dale (dec 86 build date) is my oldest, but only frame and rear Roller cam brake are only original items still on the bike so does it count??

holy moly, there are serious bikes up there!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

its all about the eighties for me, & i LOVE mongoose! just awsome. i really need to some pics of collection up.

Not sure whether a rebuilt klunker qualifies as an "old" bike. The frame may be old, but it really dates from when you built it.

Unfortunately, I used up every one of my '70s Excelsior klunkers, so I no longer own one from that era. The great thing about those old Excelsiors was that if you used one up, you could throw it away, and it didn't bother you until 30 years later, when you kick yourself for not hanging on to it.

Best I can do is my '78 Breezer #2. My wife owns a 1982 Ritchey, which I sold to her when it was new, and that's how we met.

Hmmm...that's a tough one.

What is Retro? 1933 Schwinn B-10, 1935 Excelsior built by Alan Bonds, 1937 Schwinn, 1980 MountainBikes, 1982 StumpJumper.

Attachments

• DSCN0819.jpg
    DSCN0819.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,809
Back