Whats the Oldest Most Retro MTB/ATB You Own ?

The oldest that I have is my SR Sakae Litage carbon frame, which I'm told is an '88 model. Don't know for sure as Google can't find anything about it. :?

Attachments

• LitageFFa.JPG
    LitageFFa.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,414
KHS Montana XT of unknown vintage, thinking late 80's? XT u brake on chainstays is a clue.

3229541032_5e3f84b854_b.jpg

3228692829_417508c7a7_b.jpg

Xesh":1fyfrqaz said:
The oldest that I have is my SR Sakae Litage carbon frame, which I'm told is an '88 model. Don't know for sure as Google can't find anything about it. :?

Oh that is handsome, more pics pleeeease?

Liking the White Rolls Kaiser

Si

This is both oldest, and my newest (only got my hands on it 2 hours ago!).
Its a 1987 Fisher Montare XT. I bought it through ebay a while ago and finaly managed to sort my life out enough to collect it this evening (MASSIVE thanks to jerky for collecting it from Leeds, storing it in Oxford and then delivering it to Highcliffe!!).
Here are a few pics (excuse the mess, finishing off a new kitchen!)

DSC00962.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

This is going to get a full restoration (once the kitchen is finished!) so will update in readers bikes :D

Dr S":3ppz4f3s said:
Oh that is handsome, more pics pleeeease?

I would do but it's still in that state. There's a lot of corrosion under the paint on the lugs and the BB/downtube joint needs re-bonding. It's an on-going project which will be done as and when I have the time/money. I do have a few NOS M735 XT parts for it though. ;)

One old bike which I wish I had but don't is a Fisher CR7. I always remember it being the first 'Superbike' I ever saw in MBUK. I have an idea it was about 2k, does anyone have one?

My 1983 Cleland Aventura.

Cleland Cycles was owned by Geoff Apps and based near Aylesbury.

They made their distinctive bikes, designed for wet English conditions, from 1979 to 1984.

Most of their bikes used 650B x 2 inch tyres though they did make a 29er version in 1981.

Were they the first British made mountain bikes?

http://www.james-walters.net/cleland/th ... -29er.html

Attachments

• Cleland01.jpg
    Cleland01.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,285
Back