What's the daftest thing you've ever fitted?

I had a flexstem - terrible things. Then there was the U-brake on my GT - worked well enough until it filled up with leaves & muck, and then jammed the back wheel.

Worst fashion mistake was cream Panaracer tyres on a purple anodized frame adorned with blue bolts throughout. I thought it was cool at the time...

I loved coloured parts, can be nice nice, but not if you put everything togehter in several colours. :) and brand stickers on the frame from parts I couldn't afford.
What was I thinking?
I have a green Conrflakes monster on my brakebooster, I called the Turk.
Later I placed it on my GT LTS seatpost. I lost it sometime. :(

GT%20LTS%20(Original)%20klein.jpg

My brother had green Onza brakelever covers. :) What was he thinking?

tintin40":2fwfnlxn said:
On the othe post- :cool:
And i like HO pedals
guess I should justify this now, they had good points like they were light, easily maintainable and mud proof. However you never knew quite when you were clipped in and even if you were clipped in you could come unclipped at any second... put me off getting airborne for a while as guaranteed a foot would come out, and would also rattle out on rocky descents. Inspired me to go to proper flat pedals though which was a good thing :)

stevet1":333jzgcw said:
tintin40":333jzgcw said:
On the othe post- :cool:
And i like HO pedals
guess I should justify this now, they had good points like they were light, easily maintainable and mud proof. However you never knew quite when you were clipped in and even if you were clipped in you could come unclipped at any second... put me off getting airborne for a while as guaranteed a foot would come out, and would also rattle out on rocky descents. Inspired me to go to proper flat pedals though which was a good thing :)
Always a silver lining to most things in life :D

:shock: How could i forget the F**king S**t 'U' brake What a nightmare. Took off after one ride :LOL:

I just noticed the hughe rear derailleur cable. Do the lizard skin and the in this case useless DCD count???

How could i forget the F**king S**t 'U' brake What a nightmare.

So you had no brake after that then? Cantis and V's have their bosses in a different position. The only thing you can replace a U-brake with is a Suntour Roller Cam.

[/quote]

terryhfs":xml0cbai said:
How could i forget the F**king S**t 'U' brake What a nightmare.

So you had no brake after that then? Cantis and V's have their bosses in a different position. The only thing you can replace a U-brake with is a Suntour Roller Cam.
[/quote]

Replaced with magura's. On this years bike replaced with Dia-Compe 996 Hombre Friesta U. All round better than the XT

Back