what year roughly? WARNING BAD HUMOUR/APOLLO ALERT

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
ok guys Ive had a bit of an absence due to certain pieces of technology failing me (read...stupid bloody laptop blew up ) :LOL:

first things first lets get this out of the way....yes I know , what the hell was I thinking spending money on an apollo haha. but hear me out anyway :roll:

due to a health condition I was diagnosed with in my teens I havent been able to ride a bike for the last 7 years which was devastating for me as up until I was 16 mountain biking was my life. now I have been determined to get back on a bike and beat this and as of the last 6 months my health has improved slightly. Of course naturally this means I want to get out as much as possible now which meant that I wanted a bike again. Now while Im saving up to get something better I bought a little 'ghetto' bike as I like to call it. its tatty and its an apollo but it rides sweet as a nut and strangely I want to keep it even when I get something better. (people always told me I wasnt right in the head)

Ok enough rambling now :LOL: basically I have a 'thing' that for some strange reason I want to know what year every bike I own was produced. I have no real need for it and it probably wont benefit me in any way, shape or form but I just have to know it for the sake of it. Im sure there are others out there with a similar sort of problem (I hope anyway).

Anyway the bike. I'll hopefully get a picture tomorrow but some numpty has been and forgot where I...I mean they... put the camera USB cable. so wondering if anyone could do it on description alone. All I know is its an Apollo Attack 3000, it has cantis, and its metallic blue. oh and it has a spectacular 15 gears ;)

probably a long shot as most (sane) people wouldnt even look at an apollo let alone know anything about it. So what made me do such a stupidly insane thing such as buying it you ask. It was a tenner. Im only going to be riding moorland roads anyway (the advantage of living nearly on the moors is quiet roads and a few little trails), trail riding will have to wait until I know my health is good enough for that so gives me time to get a good bike.

(oh and for anyone wondering, Im not actually crazy, insane or even funny to be honest....Im just a normal run of the mill weirdo)

and I'll tell you what to make it more interesting....

has anyone here actually had an old bike that was rubbish, useless or just so bad that you know you should hate it.....yet you couldnt help but like it

The beauty about this retro bike thing is... there are no rules.

You get out on your bike and bloody enjoy yourself.

As for knowing the age of your Apollo, what do I care It's rubbish!!!

al. ;)

ps That's my feeble attempt at comedy. Respect to ya :D

thats the spirit. nah it looks retro (sort of) :LOL: thats all I really care about. just cant find any information about it and googling it comes back with about as much information as you could fit on a 1p coin with size 37 font. now that could mean either of 2 things

1) its a super rare pre production model that barely anyone knows about and shouldnt technically exist.

or

2) its so crap that everyone is trying to forget them and wish they never even existed

cheers guys, nice to know you dont get shot for having a crappy bike on here. (but yes I do get jealous at seeing all the marins and konas) but the real beauty with the apollo is, I can take it absolutely anywhere and not give a damn if I drop it, crash it or slide it (although my body might have something to say if I happened to do any of the latter 2) :LOL:

funnily enough that ad was the only thing I actually managed to find through googling. trouble is it didnt tell me anything I didnt know (apart from that one has a bottle holder-do you know how jealous that makes me)

well there goes my rare prototype theory :(

strangely as well I did actually own a modern apollo until last week (told you I was crazy). the XC26 SE. now it looked like an expensive bike with its front suspension, disc brakes and fancy looking rims. but it didnt feel as solid as the attack.

Back