What year is my Orange P7

The decals can likely be done by @gil_m at Retodecals even though not strictly retro.

Does the top tube P7 decal look original?

That's in line with my 2001 P7 which is silver & YM00604368. Your frame number indicates it was manufactured in March 2000. It should have rear disk mounts. A 98 won't. 98 catalogue only lists 2 colours for that year - Team Orange & Dormant Red.

Pics would help further.
Interestingly my July 1998 P7 does have a rear disc mount... about to go back for a respray.

Aye - but is July 98 from the frame number? The disc mount was introduced for the 99 season. A lot of those were made in 1998. A lot of my Oranges have frame numbers from prior year to their appearance in catalogues. I clarified on here a good while back that the aficionado's go by the catalogue year. I have a really nice 98 P7 that was made in July 1997 so has to go in the 98> section & is not eligible for BotM.

Aye - but is July 98 from the frame number? The disc mount was introduced for the 99 season. A lot of those were made in 1998. A lot of my Oranges have frame numbers from prior year to their appearance in catalogues. I clarified on here a good while back that the aficionado's go by the catalogue year. I have a really nice 98 P7 that was made in July 1997 so has to go in the 98> section & is not eligible for BotM.
Yep, from the frame number. Can’t remember what the colourway was before the first respray as it’s been black for about 18 years so can’t match it to the catalogue.

Matt Black or Punky Pink apparently but maybe others during the year. My 01 & 02 are the same frame & my most riden bikes, Very versatile.

1999.JPG

I am trying to think back to the tiny matt black P7 which I had for the Grom - that had a rear disc mount and I was sure I bought that in '97....but I guess it was a '98 model....

Matt black & disk mount fits bill for 99 & that's the year Orange mention the introduction of the mount.

Thanks for posting the pic. What’s interesting is my frame has rack eyelets on the seat stays and above the wishbone - and that doesn’t look to have them on. Kit looks right for a 99 edition though - and it had spyders.

Back