What was made in the way of nice looking 7 speed thumbies?

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I ask because I always think the Shimano Deore XT type, etc, look a bit 'plasticky' if you know what I mean.... Probably sacrilege to say that here :LOL:

Was there anything made that had more of a metallic machined look to it? And isn't now super rare or horribly expensive.... Doesn't necessarily need to be proper retro either for the build I have in mind.

Re:

What about Suntour's XC Pro shifters? Less plastic parts and a sleeker look than XT. They are lighter and more simple as well.

Re:

Looks like you both had the same idea at the same time there.... :LOL:

Are they compatible with Shimano cassettes and rear mechs though, I ask as I already have that kit sorted....

Re:

Ish....I tried xc pros bitd and could never get the shifting perfect. Have XT thumbies now and shifting is perfect on 8 speed. :-D

Re:

Can't remember but sure I was trying to run XC Pros on 8 speed as I am sure they had extra click? Cannot remember for sure as getting senile at 45! :-D

Kona specced the XC pros during the 90s with an otherwise shimano drivetrain on their higher end bikes. I've never had any problems either.

They come in a 7 speed, and 8 speed version (on the 8 sp. you can select 7 or 8 sp options).

Back