what size???????????

Hi mate, I have a small baby blue lavadome which I might trade you.

Let me know.

Chris.

Ps it is definately a small ;)

sounds interesting, got any pics of the lava dome? i just spoke to the guy and he still thinks its a 16. he's gonna send me a pic of a ruler next to the seat tube when he gets home from work.

rakas17":1r06velq said:
sounds interesting, got any pics of the lava dome? i just spoke to the guy and he still thinks its a 16. he's gonna send me a pic of a ruler next to the seat tube when he gets home from work.
Take a look at cjax's bike. Put a ruler along the line of the top tube and note where it crosses the rear wheel - about half way between hub and rim - that's a 16.

Next do the same thing with the eBay bike - it crosses the rear wheel just below the rim - that's an 18.

Incidentally, the eBay bike is a 95 Hahanna with original paint and decals. cjax's bike is 98 or later, can't tell you exactly as it's been resprayed, but it has 98 decals. A Lava Dome is a significantly better frame than a Hahanna.

i've already done that test and i agree. seems strange that this guy reckons he meaured it correctly.

cjax, do you know what year it is? i'm assuming its steel. i would've prefered the hahanna even though its a cheaper bike because i like the og paint and stickers and think it looks cool.

i might be up for a trade though, where are you based? i think this guy will give me a refund but i could get him to send it to you otherwise i'll lose postage fees.

I'm near Warwick in the Midlands.

If the guy is prepared to do a refund that's cool.

Maybe you could buy the kona off me ;)

Believe it was a 1994 lavadome.

Chris.

if its a 94 then i'm deffo keen, is there an easy way to tell without stickers and stuff. like the way the cables are routed or seriel numbers? yours has an Aheadset on it, would that be a 1 inch one as compared to 1 1/8.
i prefer the earlier ones.
would you want similar money for yours?

Pretty sure they were 1 1/8" but would need to check.

Also i'll have to check the serial number and see if that throws up the age.

I'll get the full spec of the bike and let you know a price.

I paid £240 for it from scarlett but don't worry it won't be anywhere near that ammount ;)

Chris.

Hi mate,

been a bit busy today so not got round to digging out the kona.

Will endeavour to do it tomorrow.

Chris.

got a full refund, he's put the bike back on bay. anyone looking for a budget steel kona at 18" should snap this up, it's looks well clean.

Back