Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 19"

• 20"

• 21"

• Total voters
my kona is 18" and fits nice, saracen is 19" and ok. trailstar is 15" and the new frame i've ordered is 13" :shock: so quite a range there :LOL:

sunchaser":24134gj1 said:
orange71":24134gj1 said:
I tend to go on top tube length when buying a bike as I know what length is comfortable for me

that's the problem I have - I need a 21" frame for my long legs, but having a short back I want a 23" max top tube and the two don't tend to go together :roll:

Customs the way for you then matey... mmmm, Indie Fab (with old school geom' of course) ;)

agreed. just waiting for the cash to do it :roll: :D Nearest I've managed is my Fuquay which although has a longish top tube it has a mahoosive head tube (over 8 inches) which brings the handlebars closer to my hands :D Problem is I wheelie on any hill then :(

spa0480mv3.jpg

Hmm, Cirrus is a 17", but the ETSX-70 is a 16.5", Blizzard is a 15" and they all fit me.

The Stratos is a 15" but as it is for the missus, doesn't fit me well. too upright.

I picked 16" as I think that's the avg size frame I would be looking at for enough clearance.

I put 18in, but my current favourite is 17.5in c to top, but usually an 18 which seems about right for my height at 6ft

I'm 5'7" with stumpy 30" legs, i'm quite particular with sizing having bought a new bike BITD (an 18" Proflex 752) that felt too big, i hate the look of big frames with the seat right down.

Size depends on the frame, generaly stick to 16-17" CTC, my Manitou is an 18" CTT but CTC is 15.5 so feels just right, an 18" alloy GT would be too big as those are measured CTC, if i was looking for a Zaskar i'd need a 16".

Back