What`s a "Team Edition" bike?

Wine and bikes are very similar...

Both can be either very good or very bad

Some gain value the older they get, some go off very quickly

Some are horribly expensive but are also terrible

Some are incredibly cheap but are very good.

The label and price paid can be meaningless

Both can get you into trouble on a fast downhill

Hmmm

'Team' Saracen - One-Stop

$_86.JPG

Offer9.jpg

Re: Re:

jackosbournesnr":1nm4k30x said:
I disagree...Old vines can make a difference to the character of the wine as their lower yields tends to concentrate the flavour of the grapes. They don't do much quality-wise though.

Anyway...I'm out of the wine trade now and this is a bike forum... :p

The way I look at it is that if the word "Team" appears anywhere on the bike then its a lower-end bike with a splodge of marketing stuck on to "add value".

I have a Boardman CX "Team" which is mid-range at best. Its a very capable bike, but you won't find any teams anywhere near it.

At the other end of the spectrum I have a Concorde in PDM team colours but nothing else on it except the brand name and the tubing stickers. There is no model name eg "Squadra" (which was the top of the line replica), the frame has external cable routing rather than internal as seen on the Squadra and the bottom bracket has been modified to speed up cable changes. All of these indicate that this was an actual PDM pro-team bike.

When it comes to the word "Team"... less is usually more

What's the legal classification of old vine?

Re:

What's the legal classification of "Team Edition"?

A wine producers decision to use the term old vines/vieilles vignes etc is, as you rightly point out, purely marketing and 100% added value in the same vein as many "Team Edition" decals.

If however, you were to compare two wines made exclusively from "young" or "old" vines you would note a difference in character. As I have already said, any difference in "quality" would, at most, be entirely subjective.

Legal status of the term or even its definition is immaterial. Unless of course, you want to be super nit-picky. :p

Back to the bikes now... :)

Edited because my spelling was atrocious!

Nice.

Some of my collection from 1989 and 1990...

At least one of them won't make to next year.

IMAG0844_zpstzc3ytzy.jpg

I'd only just put the Boardman "Team" away and I couldn't be bothered getting it back out. :p

KDM":33un5f8i said:
Agree, in here and ebay when ever I've seen "team" in the title the majority of the time has meant team look rather than team exact replica
Hmmmm, my team editions have never been on eBay and are actually team edition bikes........ But i have no expensive wine to take pictures of.

Will single malt do?

Latest posts

Back