What rim for a disc drive?

giraffeinbath

Dirt Disciple
First post on here so Hi everybody :D

I'm rebuilding a disc drive, does anyone know the ideal rim ERD for that should be used with one of these things? I tried to build it onto a new Mavic XC rim and you just can't get the tension into it because of the deeper section profile of the newer style rim.

Also, anyone have an idea of the recommended tension that should be used?

giraffeinbath":2n2eleo3 said:

I'm rebuilding a disc drive, does anyone know the ideal rim ERD for that should be used with one of these things? I tried to build it onto a new Mavic XC rim and you just can't get the tension into it because of the deeper section profile of the newer style rim.

Gt to be 36h as you know. . oft laced to the venerable Mavic 231. .
Jez was on the lookout for 36h 321 a whil eback, maybe give him a shout and see if he unearthed anything interesting. . ;)

elite504":o48yb7v6 said:
giraffeinbath":o48yb7v6 said:

Got to be 36h as you know. .:

unless its the radial Pro which is 32Hole. mavic 230 is nearly the same as a 231..

doesnt list applicable rims, but any rim thats 540mm internal diameter should fit.

as an added bonus to me theres loadsa cool pics of tomacs raleigh :)

oohh I forgot they did neon colour cables :)

The only important part about the sizing from the pdf is attached

Attachments

• TiogaDiscDriveRim.jpg
    TiogaDiscDriveRim.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 631
Back