What retro part have you accidentally hoarded?

M56# LX; well except the M56# LX parts I actually need which seem to be non-existent.

E.G. I have plenty of silver crankarms, need black, front derailleurs but none in the diameter I need, wrong version of the STI, more cantis than I have levers for...

ShiverDC":22l5z743 said:
Forks Forks and more Forks - I cant seem to stop buying them when I think they are a good deal - the collection has grown a good deal since this pic including a fair number of dual crowns (early 2000's)

That is impressive, I like the Switchblades!

PS which West Coast do you mean?

Steven

lewisfoto":329rhp09 said:
ShiverDC":329rhp09 said:
Forks Forks and more Forks - I cant seem to stop buying them when I think they are a good deal - the collection has grown a good deal since this pic including a fair number of dual crowns (early 2000's)

That is impressive, I like the Switchblades!

PS which West Coast do you mean?

Steven

Thanks!,

I am up in British Columbia so these forks tend to pop up a fair bit. Just picked up another Syncros along with some other fun ones :)

ShiverDC":22kz46sf said:

Maybe Manitou FS Frames too (have a couple built up not in the pic and 7 or so frames there) .. there is no method to the madness with the rigid forks there - still missing a number of forks from the pic too :)

Wow, you basically own a fork shop.

ShiverDC":404oi3n3 said:
Maybe Manitou FS Frames too (have a couple built up not in the pic and 7 or so frames there)
I just want one :( cracks 'n' all if necessary.

Don't tell me how many are still uncracked - I'll cry. :cry:

secret_squirrel":17l0yqzh said:
ShiverDC":17l0yqzh said:
Maybe Manitou FS Frames too (have a couple built up not in the pic and 7 or so frames there)
I just want one :( cracks 'n' all if necessary.

Don't tell me how many are still uncracked - I'll cry. :cry:

and so the story goes of having 9 (well 10 but really 9 cause one is useless parts now)... buy one with a cracked head tube for the look, find one with a cracked chain stay and good head tube .. one nice, one really bad... find a NOS one, find a used non cracked one, then start buying any I can find

apparently there is a guy on the east coast of Canada with a couple nos frames in his store, being on the west coast I cant easily get them :( - if I remember the shop I will post it !

There was a Manitou on the local craigslist recently for $400, no offers for about a month then it was gone...

I seem to be hoarding forks, mostly linkage types but others too.

I'm trying to sort out stuff to sell and have nearly 4 full m952 groupsets, 2 m900s ( well one full, and another minus cranks), a couple of m 737/9 sets, a couple of xc pro, various cranks, bars, stems, saddles and wheels. All a little embarrassing really, and not including frames, shocks, tyres and rims. That clear out I keep promising never seems to happen.

Back