What price a Vintage Reynolds 531 d/b F.W. Evans Touring Frame circa 1980?

jazzer

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys. I'm looking to sell the frame of my old FW Evans Touring Bike c1980. I wondered if people, more knowledgeable than I, might suggest what sort of price I should ask for it. Many thanks.

IMG_9179.JPEG IMG_9178.JPEG IMG_9176.JPEG

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it could be a year or so older. I bought it myself from the Evans shop in Waterloo around that time, when they used to make them on the premises. The Reynolds stickers they had could be from before then though I suppose.

Nice. A bit of a gate, which reduces the market size somewhat. Plus it's a tourer not a racer, less cachet even though it's far more usable. I would think £100-200 for everything in the picture. I like its honest patina, others may not.

Nice. A bit of a gate, which reduces the market size somewhat. Plus it's a tourer not a racer, less cachet even though it's far more usable. I would think £100-200 for everything in the picture. I like its honest patina, others may not.
Thanks for that. Not too many examples around to otherwise get much idea of price. Yep definitely a great tourer, albeit a bigger one (a gate - I like that) - I used to ride all over on it as a teenager, from one YHA to another. I removed most of the components as the spokes of the wheels had rusted through and thought the frame was best stripped of bits, but I'll throw those in as well in case anyone wants them. Any idea on the best places to list it for sale? I tried eBay for my old GT Zaskar, but that wasn't so successful.
Cheers.

Thanks for that. Not too many examples around to otherwise get much idea of price. Yep definitely a great tourer, albeit a bigger one (a gate - I like that) - I used to ride all over on it as a teenager, from one YHA to another. I removed most of the components as the spokes of the wheels had rusted through and thought the frame was best stripped of bits, but I'll throw those in as well in case anyone wants them. Any idea on the best places to list it for sale? I tried eBay for my old GT Zaskar, but that wasn't so successful.
Cheers.
Post it for sale here!

Back