What other 'retro' stuff do you use....??

Re:

Oooh yeah, I got some of those too, really good Ross ones I picked up in an antique shop for 20 quid, original leather case, WW1 I think.....love them!

Re:

The fact its old and atill working shows its well made.

A lot of modern stuff is just throw away, especially cars.

In days before retro youd see dented and risty old cars, people would fix them and they kept going. Look at the cars around you, probably over half are less than 5 years old, cars just arent designed to be repaired economically plus in relative terms have become cheaper, people are wealthier and many are bought on hp.

I have no idea where it is right now but I have a slide rule with markings of a U boat captain!
My dad got it in 1945 from his physics teacher, I never really used it as I avoided school, but I
could/can use it.

Re:

Seiko Watch from 1995,Akai turntable from 1979, and Pioneer headphones from 1982.. :cool:

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3284.JPG
    IMG_3284.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_3285.JPG
    IMG_3285.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_3286.JPG
    IMG_3286.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 510
Re:

^ ^ ^ ^

:cool:

Was really into collecting older watches at one point. Seiko in particular.....

Thinking about it, I have a lot of old tools I use for various workshop jobs, and somewhere I have my Granddad's spoke keys for motorbike wheels, from when he worked for Ariel........

My Park cycle tools are from 1997. My 'hifi' is from 1988/93/02/77. My radios around the house are 1970's. My car is 18 years old.

The only new stuff has been white goods and the TV. That uses 66w over the old 400w monster saving us loads in electricity.

Pioneer A300X Amp and Mordaunt Short MS-10 speakers as my hifi in the dining room, there was a Sony CDP790 CD player (gen 1 bitstream processor) but that could be dead now. Lots of Fishing gear from the 80's and 90's. My Bauer Turbo Skates I used every week are 90's too. I did have an old Myford ML4 lather but sold that a few years ago.

Carl.

Heres my Sony CRF-220

13kg of huge 'portable' from 1974. Mint condition with no signs of wear or loss of function through age.

The original sales receipt shows the price at £290 plus £29 in VAT - various online inflation calculators put this to be between £2.5k and £3.5k in todays money...

Yikes.

This is the West Germany model due to the CRF-230 having an (at the time) illegal extra FM band of 64mHz to 88mHz which covered the emergency services/ military bands:

http://www.shortwaveradio.ch/radio-e/sony-crf220-e.htm

And yes, it came from the tip, albeit from a couple of years ago.

file.php

file.php

Back