What is your experience with a repainted Klein Frame!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack71

Dirt Disciple
Dear Retrobikers,

Quiet recently I had the change to purchase in my eyes my dream bike. A 21" Klein Attitude (from 11-1995) with MC2 and Rock Shox Judy all painted new by Jonrock in the briljant paint scheme Moonrise.. :D

Why a paint job from Jonrock, look at his page www.kleinspainted.com, this said it all, briljant pictures, testimonials etc..
So I only had to be the highest bidder on Ebay and it would be mine. Contact Jon before the end of the sale already with some questions. End finally I had won the bidding on Ebay.

So paid the bike and the waiting started, after 1,5 weeks I finally received the frame, I was amazed about the bright colours and the moonrise scheme.
But then I had a closer look at the paint job and everything got worser by the minute. I found chip paint, scratches, decals not staight on the fork, a big 2" drip on the front fork, a lot of dirt/dust in the paint job. Poor quality off the MC2 decals. Parts of the paint are nice smooth, other parts feel like sandpaper and some other issue's.

So I have sent 10 High resolution pictures to Jon so that he could have a look. Unfortunally Jon mentioned these where only "minor"defects. So advised to start a dispute on Ebay. So I did. After a couple of mails, I finally received a partial refund offer from Jon. And there I was confronted with the tricky part of this Sale on Ebay. I contacted Ebay with the information from Jon, they said that the best thing would be, to accept the offer. The reason was the auction was advertised as "Used". So there you go, you buy a used Klein Attitude frame, with some minor defects, like a dent in the MC2 and very small dent in the top tube, these things I could except. It still is a frame from 1995. But the Jonrock paint job was fresh, newly painted, so you can't use the word "Used" for this.

So end of the story is that Ebay said go for the offer, otherwise the change is very big that you won't get anything. :?

So I took the offer and now I'm stuck with a frame, which still has all the "minor" defects.

My disappointment, that the Painter didn't offer to fix, the "minor" defects.

Why this topic?
I would like to hear other experiences, with repainted Klein Frames.
So also the good stories, and not only paint jobs done by Jonrock, there are several others who say, that they can give the authenticity, quality and durability which Klein had back in the days.

This maybe could help me to make a decision, what to do with the Frame.

So shoot, sent me your comments, Klein painters, pictures etc..

Jack :roll:

Hi Jack,
sorry to hear you're dissapointed, I have a few custom painted frames myself. You have to understand that all painters make small misstakes and no frame will be perfect. A lot of factory painted Klein's had misplaced decalls and that's part of the charm of "handbuild " and "hand painted" bikes imho.
Sometimes you're lucky to get the almost perfect bike, sometimes you're not .....sadly.
Haven't seen any pics of your frame yet so it's hard to judge for me.
Good luck with the Klein
Cheers Roy

maybe post some pics of the "minor defects" so we could see how bad they are.
i feel for you, if i had purchased a klein and it was below my expectations i would not be very happy, i've heard some good things about jon rocks work, and seen some of the results.
i also see your dilemma now, how to sell a klein which is below standard.
if you pardon the pun, somewhere between a rock and a hard place.
good luck whatever you do.

Hi-jack -

why don't you follow through your consumer grievance with whoever painted your old bike rather than spamming up this forum?

doctor-bond":3uzdhla5 said:
Hi-jack -

why don't you follow through your consumer grievance with whoever painted your old bike rather than spamming up this forum?

Maybe you should ask for people who have had his paint-jobs to contact you privately?

This is the reaction which I have expected, I can only say is this what they call an open forum, where you can share your experience with others even if it's not always positive. Maybe Jon didn't have a good day, when he painted the frame and all his other painted Klein Frames where spot on. So I would like to hear that, why should this be via PM. Share it on the forum and that would be briljant advertisement for Jon(rock). I don't have a problem with Jon, that has been solved on Ebay.

Why is everybody so frantic....

I have a Frame where i'm looking for options, so that I'm also happy and can start my rebuild.

Can you maybe imagine, that I rather prefered a topic, about my briljant new rebuild..

So I hope there are still some people, who could give some feedback on my request.

Jack

doctor-bond":2k1mem7q said:
Hi-jack -

Sorry as i'm not native English, I don't have a clue what you mean with this...

Jack :oops:

doctor-bond":3b4e2do9 said:
Hi-jack -

i dont see this as spam, jack is allowed to speek up and ask for options

It might help if he showed us some pics! (and the ebay listing; I often worry when buying things from abroad that Bing translate isn't giving me the whole story.)

Jack71":1nktwetw said:
doctor-bond":1nktwetw said:
Hi-jack -

Sorry as i'm not native English, I don't have a clue what you mean with this...

Jack :oops:

What I mean is this: you have bought something that you think is not fit for purpose. You have every right to complain about that. But complain to the person you bought it from. The rest of us have nothing useful to add.

A problem shared is a problem doubled: or if you post it on an open forum, it is a problem magnified exponentially. (Exponentially means multiplying something a lot, and ending up with much more than you started.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back