What hi fi system you got ?

Just bought this old B&O system - mainly for the aesthetics to be honest, but sounds seems good too. Gonna spend the weekend giving it a good clean. Quick photo taken at work

Attachments

• IMG_0790.jpeg
    IMG_0790.jpeg
    462.2 KB · Views: 16
In my study I have this set up connected to a Macintosh Pro Tower
Teac AH500i B&W 601 S2 speakers and an Apogee Duet 2 DAC.

In the living room is a NAD AV Amp with a set of Boston Acoustics THX LR and Surrounds with a REL Quake sub (And a Pioneer Kuro Plasma)
All old stuff but I've had some bits for over 25 years.
image0.jpeg image1.jpeg - but that's for Films.

In my study I have this set up connected to a Macintosh Pro Tower
Teac AH500i B&W 601 S2 speakers and an Apogee Duet 2 DAC.

In the living room is a NAD AV Amp with a set of Boston Acoustics THX LR and Surrounds with a REL Quake sub (And a Pioneer Kuro Plasma)
All old stuff but I've had some bits for over 25 years.
View attachment 814070View attachment 814071- but that's for Films.
I have the AV-H500D in my office at home, hooked up to some Mordaunt Short MS10 speakers and a small Gale 8" sub, it's very clear and detailed. Also compact and nicely put together.

Totally amazed at how well the 'overenthusiatic dad' system I've done for my son's (tiny) room sounds. JBL pro 3s on the wall, an old Pioneer AV receiver and a massive subwoofer hidden away. His face when I played him some bassy dance tunes! He's only 9. Never before have story CDs sounded so good 😂

Ah the 1042.
Fantastically underestimated cartridge.
Excellent stylus shape - long lasting suspension.
I continue to have one at the heart of a pretty wild system, the other cartridge I have used as reference was a AN IO - er…at an impossible price (but a gift from within the trade)...honestly the IO was more finnicky and I returned quickly to the 1042…which is a remarkable thing…

actual real world price of the IO is in the WHAT!!!?! territory….

Pretty sure I have a 1042 in My Linn Basik with Akito arm, I'm sure it was something my dad purchased new as an upgrade over the out of the box option that was offered at the shop which I researched as the best of the £ at the time.
That is hooked up to a Pioneer A400 Amp Driving Monitor Audio BX2 Bronze Speakers (TT, Amp and speakers I inherited when my dad passed back in 2018 and I've made them a bit of a centre piece in my new living room so I'm sure he'd be pleased)
CD's are via a Sony CDP-790 (one of the original Bitstream DAC best buys).

I haven't been on here in a while but loving coming back to the big old threads and seeing some old gear being loved.

This system isn't usually worked hard as we've got an Alexa plugged in too and it usually streams Heart 90's :LOL: and you can really hear how poor it compares with a decent source.

I have the AV-H500D in my office at home, hooked up to some Mordaunt Short MS10 speakers and a small Gale 8" sub, it's very clear and detailed. Also compact and nicely put together.
The reference 500 stuff is still very good! I’ve had mine for 25 years nearly

Because I wanted the setup to be simple and didn't want additional speakers but still wanted to listen to CDs and connect the record player, I bought the Meisterstück from Sonoro and am extremely happy with it. IMG_20240106_170430.jpg

fullsizeoutput_3f87.jpeg

Linn Kans Mk1 Rosewood
Grado Hemps
Leak Stereo 130
Leak CDT
Chord Qutest
Chord cables
Hidden away is a Rel Quake

fullsizeoutput_3f81.jpeg

Roland TR-09 (mini 909) and Roland TR-08 (mini 80:cool:
Boutique models.. same sounds, albeit digital not analogue

fullsizeoutput_3f83.jpeg