What hi fi system you got ?

Nearly, its a Canadian brand of di-pole speaker, Paradigm. Gone from surround to conservatory duties

So ner....

Amp is a pioneer a656 reference powering a set of water damaged German Magnat speakers

An Audiolab 9000 feeding a pair of B&W floor-standing speakers. Audiolab is a recent purchase (2021ish) but the B&W were an inspired purchase some 30 years ago from a small Hifi startup discounter, called Richer Sounds ;) . The B&W are rated at 200W.

The bass that comes out with music from Deep Purple, Stranglers etc is quite a pleasure to behold. A good combo of Audiolab and B&W; I'm lucky not to have close neighbours.

Onkyo A-9010 AMP (about year 2009)
Onkyo CR-315 DAB Hifi System (2009)
4 x Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers (2009)

Done me well for 15 years now. Have it plugged into TV when playing PS5 games or watching movies.

Just set up my favourite old hifi up after most of my stuff being in storage for a few years. It didn't cost me too much , I have a Sony CDP-M99 which was the top of the range Sony midi size CD player in the early 90's ( I've actually got two of these and a CDP -M97 as like bikes if I see one of my favourites for sale I buy it). The Amp is a Yamaha A-S500 which was at one time the best under £500 amp and a pair of JPW (Sonata ? ) bookshelf speakers , I used to have Kef q100 in a previous life and I'll probably search for a nice pair again. It's a nice warm sound , not sure the speakers are delivering the treble I like so the kefs should sort that. From memory this lot only cost me about £170 off ebay a few years back.

Attachments

• 20240114_134427.jpg
    20240114_134427.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 7
Back