What hi-end pedals?

Re:

I've never spent much on pedals, I'm sure the more expensive ones are nicer, but they still get pretty scruffy after a little while, so I've never worried too much about them. I've never had any problems with my cheap Wellgo cage pedals or entry level Shimano SPDs.

The only issues I have had is with some really cheap plastic and the cast metal platform pedals I currently have on my "shopping bike", where they are slippery with some shoes when it's wet.

Re: Re:

Wold Ranger":18k7b6s1 said:
you could go on forever with this topic, depends on your budget eh!!!!!! Showing my age now, but MKS, Hutch and Stitch all ruled the roost bitd Graftons? WTB, OnZa did some pretty ace beartraps with Ti axles, DMR have been on the go longer than you think with pedals.

Budget is unlimited for the right items.
Gave away some mint MKS Carbon 260s a few years ago, :facepalm: although they wouldn't suit what I'm going for.
Hutch and Stitch? Never heard of them, unless it's the same Hutch as BMX fame.
Grafton, WTB, Onza!!! WOOF WOOF, now you're talking!
Didn't know WTB did any pedals and the only Graftons I've seen (Speed Trap and Excelerator) are clip efforts, as are the only Onza pedal I know, the H.O.
Do you have any info on any of their flat pedals?
Spotted these Grafton pedals on a bike ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Morati-HC-1-4-T ... Sw4GVYLOy5 ) but can't make them out very well, any ideas?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

For something a little newer try Brooklyn Machine Works Shinburger pedals:

100_3001_copy0_blowup.jpg

Old skool has to be suntour XC or hutch. Lower down the budget line think Odyssey Black Widow

Hotwheels.":3klw7g4e said:
paddy311":3klw7g4e said:
I do seem to collect fancy old pedals and not fit them. Stupid really - I can see me flogging some soon.

So, what you selling? ;)

Right now - none. I have allsorts stashed away but it will need me to have a fit of pique one day and decide to sell the lot before they go TBH.

dubya3":3klw7g4e said:
What brand/model are these? This is the style I want to put on one of my 80s Stumpjumpers
As Gruff said - Suntour. They're pretty pricey these days but VP still do something very similar for normal money. Think they're called VP 747. Odyssey shark bites are also similar but a bit more of a shin burger.

Speaking of shin burgers........ I've never actually seen any of these, and they're a bit new for here but check these out - made by Brooklyn Machine Works......

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k182 ... G_1540.jpg

I've always wanted some - to make a kitchen utensil out of :mrgreen:

Re:

Probably not of interest to anyone - but there's a German ebay seller with new MKS pedals in silver, blue and red for OK money. Item number 262689703020 for the silver ones.

Hotwheels.":2fns6op7 said:
Wold Ranger":2fns6op7 said:
you could go on forever with this topic, depends on your budget eh!!!!!! Showing my age now, but MKS, Hutch and Stitch all ruled the roost bitd Graftons? WTB, OnZa did some pretty ace beartraps with Ti axles, DMR have been on the go longer than you think with pedals.

Budget is unlimited for the right items.
Gave away some mint MKS Carbon 260s a few years ago, :facepalm: although they wouldn't suit what I'm going for.
Hutch and Stitch? Never heard of them, unless it's the same Hutch as BMX fame.
Grafton, WTB, Onza!!! WOOF WOOF, now you're talking!
Didn't know WTB did any pedals and the only Graftons I've seen (Speed Trap and Excelerator) are clip efforts, as are the only Onza pedal I know, the H.O.
Do you have any info on any of their flat pedals?
Spotted these Grafton pedals on a bike ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Morati-HC-1-4-T ... Sw4GVYLOy5 ) but can't make them out very well, any ideas?

Those are the grafton speedtraps just with the clip in gubbins removed (which aren't compatible with 2 bolt shoes anyway I think)...the signature on them is from the man himself, he recently sold off the reminder of his original '90's stash and he signed some stuff if you wanted him to....
Here's a set I had...

image_96.jpeg

Half the weight of my standard xt 737 spd's but not very grippy even with old vans waffle sole trainers. Not worth the £300+ in my opinion!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back