What flavour Linux for my Laptop?

stick with it :D

I was in a similar position to you - had tinkered with Linux for a couple of years but hadn't made the leap until a I got a virus that completely wrecked my XP. That was the last straw. Now I have Mint Linux dressed up to look like XP and my wife hasn't even noticed! :D

The only problem I still have is jerky video in full screen - means I have to watch iPlayer in small screen, but that's about it.

I also run Windows XP in Virtualbox which allows me to use the odd program not available in Linux.

That's not *really* Word or Internet Explorer in the Linux main screen - that's for my wife's benefit ;)

screenshotrm.jpg

I cannot find my spare PC133 SODIMMS, found some normal PC133 512MB sticks but that's no use to you. I do have an old laptop I use for parts that may or may not have some in, I just cannot remember where I put it :LOL:..

send the laptop to me :p :p :p

I get really crappy stuff from the recycling centres and get that working.

I also used to be a service agent for samsung and remember the v25 well. I have lots of bits to make it work.

Ah cheers LGF, great offer but postage will be a killer, it may also go walkies with the backload at the sorting offices :LOL:

It's just the CD drive that looks pooped now, the ac adaptor has been badly bodge soldered by me, but it works now :p

Fluffy, you are going way above the call of duty, i'll sort something out for it, i don't want to put people out :oops:

Orange71, that's what i've always loved about Linux, the tunability to do anything, but what i hate is the bit in between, i lost that patients when i discovered alcohol and girls, before that i was typing out lines and lines of code and pouring over pages of nonsense to find that one problem :LOL:

Back