What do you hate seeing on a gorgeous retro bike?

+1 for SS conversions. Always look wrong.

PLUS:
Modern tyres
V-brakes on bikes with a canti bridge cable stop
Modern suspension forks
Blackwall tyres
Those XT crank sets with the extra little arms that appear to reach the edge of the big ring. I dont care if they are period they still look cack
Drop bars on bikes that never had them in the first place
Those horrible Shimano straddle cable things. Everyone changed them to normal cable hangers BITD as they were never the optimum length.
Modern SPD pedals
Original spec bikes that have a Flite on them - get the correct one please!
Anything Kona powdercoated in white.

BTW I used flat pedals in the early 90's when no one made specific MTB ones so why can't they be acceptable?

Wow, opened a can of bitterness here! :LOL:

Risers for me, especially on long stems, so daft and pointless. I can live with most else so long as the bike's getting ridden.

I do prefer flat pedals above anything else (SPDs, toeclips or straps). Probably because I spend most of my time in the city

Eh? Surely that's the opposite way around - city means start/stop so SPuDs for acceleration, or toeclips if you have to walk (not waddle) anywhere at the other end...

Unless it's a shoe choice thing I guess.

And as a fat man with lots of lycra...
:x
...ah nevermind.

1-Spin (or any other 3/4/5/6 spoke) wheels.
2- A cheap rusty chain lock without a protective coating wrapped around the top/seat tube for transport/storage purposes.
3- A scally
4-Single speed conversion kit
5-Risers & bar ends
6-Motocross style front mud guards
7-Gel saddle covers (or cheap big fat comfy saddles)
8-Cheap cranks on a bike that deserves better.

new paint. :twisted:

saddle pointed downward.

reflectors.

this is slightly off topic as it seems to pertain to the fixie crowd but riser bars on a negative rise stem.

girlonbike":vztib48i said:
this is slightly off topic as it seems to pertain to the fixie crowd but riser bars on a negative rise stem.

Seriously!
What is wrong with these people!?!?! :evil:

I think I should probably log-off for a bit... :oops:

Back