What courier?

Myhermes was going to be a bit pricey cos it was a large steel frame and the weight/dimensions were against me. I've had other stuff delivered by Yodel and not had any bother (maybe quality varies around country).

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

DON'T USE YODEL. EVER.

They are singlehandedly the most incompetent bunch of feckwits ever to grace the courier industry. Honestly, you'd have more luck if you put your box in a trebuchet and fired it in the general direction of where you wanted it to end up. It'd probably arrive in better condition too.

Yodel managed to lose one of my bikes for 6 weeks, only for it to turn up at the other end of the country. They also managed to render another one almost inoperable after running it over (yes, running it over) with a forklift before repackaging it in the hope that I wouldn't notice. The tyre marks, "repackaged by Yodel" tape and the HUGE dent on the downtube of the frame sort of gave it away though. I know for a fact that it was Yodel who damaged the frame, as I made the seller take photos of both the bike and box prior to sending it to me, due to my concerns over him choosing Yodel to send it.

The fact that some very very big UK companies have ditched Yodel should be reason enough to stay well away from them.

Back