What can kill the looks of a bike for you?

i hate bikes with scott stickers.

and i hate any bike with every free sticker from mbuk on it, the shove wasps up my ass etc type stickers, what cock thought that was a good idea?

ededwards":2jxnrhf2 said:
TSC.":2jxnrhf2 said:
Frames the size of farm gates.

Fair enough, some of them don't look great, but what do you suggest taller riders do?

Hunt them down and shoot them, or stunt their growth at birth, how dare they be tall and not conform to society norms :evil: :LOL:

before anybody starts it a joke :roll:
In my eyes big frames look fine as long as it has the correct level of seatpost showing to keep everything in balance, from a purely looks perspective.

ededwards":18l1cz4d said:
TSC.":18l1cz4d said:
Frames the size of farm gates.

Fair enough, some of them don't look great, but what do you suggest taller riders do?
I'm not suggesting they do anything, I'm suggesting that mahoosive frames are aesthetically challenged.

TSC.

gibbleking":2rbbzet1 said:
bar ends set at the wroong angle..........whyyyyyyyyyy do they do that??? :twisted:

This was what was in my mind as a scrolled down the thread, they should be in line with the stem.

Also the saddle in the wrong position or at a funny angle, though tilted back is ok on a downhill bike (had mine in line with the top tube on my LTS)

A dozzen different coloured bits on a bike, chose a colour scheme and stick to it.

Chains too long, bikes in wrong gear combo's, (big ring big sprocket, mech stretched to bursting point etc)

I also second the wrong size frame, a tall frame is fine for a tall rider but it bugs me when i see a short rider on a gate frame with the saddle right down.

Also, it doesn't really bug me but i cant get my head around drop bars on an MTB, i know Johny T used them on his YETI and there is a few users on here but it just looks wierd to me.

Going slightly off at a tangent here but there are some frame designs that do not look good in particularly large or small sizes.

An example is frames with a quite steeply sloping top tube such as Kona and Rocky Mountain (there are clearly others, not trying to start a discussion on the merits of either of those two but they are the ones that easily spring to mind). A large frame with a steeply sloping top tube has a particularly tall headtube which, for me, looks a bit clunky. A small frame of the same design ends up with bars pretty much inline with or even above the saddle unless there is a really long seatpost fitted which again, for me, doesn't look great. However medium sized frames of that design usually look just so.

I'm pretty sure I've made little sense as usual and I'm sure there are other examples that could be used.

Oh, and risers and barends is not a look I particularly care for.

Back